Road to the Champion Hurdle 2023

Everything we have seen says Constitution Hill will win easily but when that flag goes up the doubt will immediatley set in and our minds will be going at amillion miles per hour thinking "what if"

I hope it all goes to plan which is simple. Follow the leaders round until the 2nd last and the second you get over it press that magic button Nicky keeps going on about.

The it should be "How Far?"

If he is as good as most of us think he will win by around 12 lengths but if he wins by a length or two that would be disappointed

If he loses then the bubble will be well and truly burst and I will never bet again and you can take that to the bank

Looking at the winning distances market, does everyone think that Nico will actually let him go, or will he just win snug and lose as little energy as possible.

Looking at the winning distances market, does everyone think that Nico will actually let him go, or will he just win snug and lose as little energy as possible.

He can make the running and pull clear as he did against Epatante, so why would a horse that looks every bit 180+, risk a faller or interference marring the big day...Attack attack attack!

Wins 17 lengths with Nico looking through his legs!

I don't think there's a chance Nico will do anything other than he did in the Supreme.

When you look back at Sprinter Sacre they did the same thing everytime he won.

between 3 and 4 fences from home Barry or Nico would let out an inch of rein and he was gone in a matter of strides
and then back in cruise control nothing could get near him.

So if it works why change it? The horse has unbeliveable speed and he's never been under pressure to do the same thing in any of his races since joining Seven Barrows

Agree; whatever's still in contention, he'll flick the switch and away.Nothing's going to do him for speed and it would be suicidal to force a stamina test.

I don't think there's a chance Nico will do anything other than he did in the Supreme.

between 3 and 4 fences from home Barry or Nico would let out an inch of rein and he was gone in a matter of strides
and then back in cruise control nothing could get near him.

So if it works why change it? The horse has unbeliveable speed and he's never been under pressure to do the same thing in any of his races since joining Seven Barrows

could be a more tactical affair than the supreme where they went off at a heck of a clip. which made life all the easier for such a good horse.

not so sleepy may go on but surely can't hold the big guns for more than a mile. i like to move it maybe?

failing those two setting any kind of pace i'd imagine nico will sit constitution hill behind state man and take it up if he thinks things are going too slowly.

Everything we have seen says Constitution Hill will win easily but when that flag goes up the doubt will immediatley set in and our minds will be going at amillion miles per hour thinking "what if"

I hope it all goes to plan which is simple. Follow the leaders round until the 2nd last and the second you get over it press that magic button Nicky keeps going on about.

The it should be "How Far?"

If he is as good as most of us think he will win by around 12 lengths but if he wins by a length or two that would be disappointed

If he loses then the bubble will be well and truly burst and I will never bet again and you can take that to the bank

9/4 to win by 10+L

Nico will try and make all i reckon

I don't think we'll see a firework display though, State Man is too good a horse for that

CH to out stay him and win by a couple of lengths

and then back in cruise control, nothing could get near him.

So if it works why change it? The horse has unbelievable speed and he's never been under pressure to do the same thing in any of his races since joining Seven Barrows

He has made the running in both races this season, but you are suggesting they change tactics to what they have done so far. fly's in the face of your, ("So if it works why change it") comment!

I get a max field of seven when I look at it. All the Mares left in will go to their own race.

Constitution Hill Nico de Boinville
I Like To Move It Sam Twiston-Davies
Jason The Militant Joe Williamson
Not So Sleepy Jonathan Burke
State Man Paul Townend
Vauban Danny Mullins
Zanahiyr Davy Russell

I think Zanahiyr will run. Looked like a non-stayer in his two attempts before resorting back to 2m, and he finished exactly the same distance behind Honeysuckle on Sunday (without the Meds) as he did in last year's Champion.

He has made the running in both races this season, but you are suggesting they change tactics to what they have done so far. fly's in the face of your, ("So if it works why change it") comment!

Which horse have you been watching?t he never made the running last time out he took it up 4 from home. The time before he did becuse everthing that ran were hold up horses., In all his other races he was dropped in.

I think it is obvious that State Man will make the running.

He never had n made all until his biggest test to date in the Irish Champion Hurdle.

So they had a trial run against Honeysuckle and the plan worked for them so I would imagine they will try the same tactics on Tuesday.

From RP:
I struggle to find a flaw in Constitution Hill. He can do it from the front, he can do it from behind, he's got pace and stamina and he jumps brilliant. He has to turn up on the day, some horses don't, but at the moment I feel it'll be difficult for him to get beat.
One of Willie Mullins' assistant trainers David Casey does not see a way past unbeaten superstar Constitution Hill

7 runner race.Nico can lead and dictate the pace and keep increasing it u til he crosses the finishing line 15L in front of everything.
Hes on the best horse so why f*ck about.

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that can stop Constitution Hill is Tanlic.

That is the best post on this thread;)Bless him, he annoys us sometimes, makes us laugh sometimes, then sometimes pisses you off. But is never dull. We need Tanlic..although sometimes we don't;) I have had some good run ins with him, would still like a pint with him;)

I am wondering if this is the lowest number of posts on a CH thread due to the superiority of CH. I quite like how his initials are CH too:D

Remember having a big bet (for me) on Pendil in the Gold Cup....absolutely coasting then High Ken fell and brought it down. Accidents do happen!

Those guys with white coats are on the way should be there about 3.40 tomorrow so get your things packed:lol:

An Capall and myself are invited guests of honour for the State Man parade upon return to Clonsutton

We both greatly respect Constitution Hill and wish him the best in his future endeavours

Back