Road To The Champion Hurdle

Not at all, tracks - I think he can go to the very top.

He would certainly look to have all the attributes to do so, Grassy. That said, he still has to prove he can make the jump, as it would be a stretch to describe his form thusfar as top class IMO.

The one nagging doubt I have about him is his mettle. He certainly has a fine turn of foot, but what will he find in a scrap? Given that Cheltenham is the ultimate test of a horse's mettle, I can't entertain backing him for the Champion tbh.

As for tommorrow, he may well get away with the ground again, given Sizing Europe will probably need the run and the fact that they will be racing on a fresh strip of ground.

He would certainly look to have all the attributes to do so, Grassy. That said, he still has to prove he can make the jump, as it would be a stretch to describe his form thusfar as top class IMO.

The one nagging doubt I have about him is his mettle. He certainly has a fine turn of foot, but what will he find in a scrap? Given that Cheltenham is the ultimate test of a horse's mettle, I can't entertain backing him for the Champion tbh.

As for tommorrow, he may well get away with the ground again, given Sizing Europe will probably need the run and the fact that they will be racing on a fresh strip of ground.

If he was trained by anyone else bar Noel Meade would his "mettle" be an issue?

In a word: yes.

I certainly wouldn't want to be opposing him tommorrow (though I won't be backing him either), as I'd tend to agree with your assesment of how the race will pan out. Perhaps Hardy Eustace will pop out and take them along at a decent clip?

I'm surprised that Jered is so short. He has never beaten anything of Sizing Europe's standard before.

Sizing Europe and Sizing Africa are both expected to win.I will certainly be backing Sizing Europe but in a sensible fashion.

if judged purely on heavy ground form..Hardy Eustace is the best horse in the race by some way...none of them want this ground..but he has proved he can run a decent figure in it.

he is the clear value bet imo.

Hardy Eustace first time out in soft ground over a sharp 2 miles? Not for me.

Once Jered handles the ground ok he will be an easy winner. If Sizing Europe is able to win under these conditions he will be very hard to beat indeed come March.

Commendable as it was giving nearly a stone and a beating to Cork All Star, he was entitled to win that really given normal improvement over the summer. He was given a large P by Timeform in their Annual and CAS has been exposed as being somewhat below the best. The odds baffle me to be honest.

the sharpness of the track will be reduced by the test of stamina teh ground the will bring in though Gal

plus he will get an easy lead

his record first time ain't bad.......112160

at 20+/1..worth a bet imo

Just a little astray there Galileo!

Wasnt that gerat to see? Strangely underrated horse is Hardy. I love him

Jered....not for me now.

I think they can be happy with SE though. But was he expected to be fit enough or not?

Just a little astray there Galileo!

Yep Clive, missed your views shared with us before the race though....great call EC1.

At one stage I thought Sizing Europe was going to skate in, then I thought he was going to stop ala the Champion but then he stayed on again. Looks like SE blew up and then stayed on again.

As for Jered he was not travelling from some way out and I would put that down to the ground. Interesting to see the 4 year old well beaten with some of the others in mind.

SE looked to be absolutely cruising and then looked to stop, but thankfully stayed on again once passed. I think that can be put down to race fitness. Jered never looked comfortable on that ground and am surprised wasn't taken out. Fighting Fifth with Harchi looked a far more suitable race

As Sizing Europes biggest fan I have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that there is something slightly wrong with him.The pain of defeat was eased by laying 400 at 1.12 in running.
Well done EC1 -i was tempted to have a tenner on Hardy myself-I honestly think people can be too dogmatic about these things-H.E. was clearly value on betfair.

As Sizing Europes biggest fan I have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that there is something slightly wrong with him.The pain of defeat was eased by laying 400 at 1.12 in running.
Well done EC1 -i was tempted to have a tenner on Hardy myself-I honestly think people can be too dogmatic about these things-H.E. was clearly value on betfair.

Fair point Luke, might be a bit too easy to put him "stopping" as down fitness. The only comforting thing is SE stayed on again well at the end but his next race should finally tell all.....raced with loads of zest today. Run again before Christmas?

Back