Road To The Champion Hurdle

If you look at Binocular's progression last season to this season, he's a good four or five lengths better in my opinion, at the same time of year. For me, he has everything. Speed, jumping, stamina. Peddlers is the one I would be afraid of on the same basis. Not sure about Hurricane Fly as he's never been fully tested.

I backed Binocular at 7/2 all in with Corals today and have already backed Peddlers Cross and Menorah (NRNB) at bigger prices. I'm happy with my position for the time being.

You had a bet OTB?

Took the 6's ew with Ladbrokes on Monday. PP are offering money back - what are the chances with the magic sign?? I just hate it when you back ante post and don't even get a run for your money!! I'm a big boy I should know better. Know shop manager so might put him under pressure for a substitute bet in same race. This shop is only open 2 weeks and I am one of their best customers so I'll chance my arm!:ninja:

See you big on the golf now Del! Hope your punting is better than your actual game - rumour has it you would be better off with a sweeping brush sweeping the ball ahead of you. :D

I played a round of golf at my local course with a hurl and a snooker cue and broke my own personal best round... Says it all really.

Thats gonna change this year though....

Soldatino has only run twice for Henderson so first of all I would say he is open to improvement. However, I think the Triumph doesn't look too bad. For me, there were 2 separate races - Barizan, and everything else. In terms of 'everything else', Soldatino doesn't come out of the race looking too bad at all:

- he beat Alaivan rated 146 by 8 lengths.
- he beat Carlito Brigante rated 140 (then rated 147) 11.5 lengths
- he beat Barwell Bridge then rated 130 (now rated 139) by 15 lengths

This puts him comfortably into the 150s, which is quite something for a twice raced (in the UK) 4 year old - I can't imagine too many recent Triumph winners have very much at all on him. Looks very classy based on his Kempton run, and Cheltenham showed different qualities, namely stamina, a good attitude and he is a winner of a Championship race there. He looks well worth a few bucks each way at 33s.

SOLDATINO
4yo grey gelding; Graveron — Malory Du Chenay
“For him to win the Triumph Hurdle with so little experience was amazing. He is highly strung and wears ear plugs and a hood every day at home which seems to relax him. He’s come back well and it’s simply a matter of seeing where he slots in as we have a very strong team of hurdlers, however he never stopped improving last season.”

I'm sure I read somewhere that Nicky H thinks he'll be better over fences but can't find the quote - maybe one for the 2012 Arkle?

Anyway I'm on Peddlers e/way.

Took the 6's ew with Ladbrokes on Monday. PP are offering money back - what are the chances with the magic sign?? I just hate it when you back ante post and don't even get a run for your money!! I'm a big boy I should know better. Know shop manager so might put him under pressure for a substitute bet in same race. This shop is only open 2 weeks and I am one of their best customers so I'll chance my arm!:ninja:

Fair play to Ladbrokes - got another Ante post bet in its place - Topped up on Peddlers.:)

Binocular to beat Menorah and Peddlers Cross . HF doesn't turn up as usual !

Joking apart if he does turn up he will be third .

What I find so exciting is that you know coming down the hill there will be 3-4 horses hard on the bridle - just the moment before we find out who the Champion is.

What I find so exciting is that you know coming down the hill there will be 3-4 horses hard on the bridle - just the moment before we find out who the Champion is.

There could be up to 5 or 6! I'd love if it was on tomorrow - I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight!! This is going to be some race lads!!:cool:

1 - Peddlers Cross. 4/1 j2f
2 - Menorah. 9/2
3 - Hurricane Fly 4/1 j2f

Dist. Hd,Nck,Sht Hd.

BF - Binocular 7/4f

JP has just done his nuts!!!

Back