Road to the Gold Cup 2011

People are having problems with Denman because visually he didn't look that impressive last time. He couldn't break Diamond Harry like he has so many other animals. They cleared the fourth last and the Tank totally out-jumped him. But DH was only shouldering 10st and went right back on the bridle. If Denman runs like that at Cheltenham, jumps the 3rd and 4th last like he did at Newbury - no horse will be still on the bridle. They'll all be flailing in behind, toiling in his wake.

I'm just amazed others can't see that this is as plain as day.

Denman's 180+ performances in the Hennessy come after six months off. I don't see a prep for the Gold Cup as a problem.

180 plus beaten 15 lengths in a handicap..yes of course

i thought i were the daft one here

suggesting that last years CH is some sort of sub 160 race and that Denman managed a 180 rating when beaten 15 lengths..there are two suggestions that if I had made them..would be getting me lots of ridicule i can guarantee you

i bet you don't get any ;)

I think that fancying Denman has now become like a religion / faith.

Not based in logic.

Beaten 15 lengths in a handicap? Doesn't matter.
11 years old, with only 1 winner over 10 in the past 40 years? Who cares!
Last 4 races, beaten by an aggregate of 29L and an unseat? Shush with your rational talk.
Hasn't run in 4 months? It doesn't matter that his last run from a break had him losing by 15L.

Not based in logic.

Last 4 races, beaten by an aggregate of 29L and an unseat? Shush with your rational talk.
Hasn't run in 4 months? It doesn't matter that his last run from a break had him losing by 15L.

there will be a reason though why Denman can defy all that:blink:

Not based in logic.

I admit that I love the horse, but I didn't fancy him for the Hennessy and didn't back him. I've already laid out the logical reasons as to why he'll win and why IC isn't as bomb proof as he seems.

I admit that I love the horse, but I didn't fancy him for the Hennessy and didn't back him. I've already laid out the logical reasons as to why he'll win and why IC isn't as bomb proof as he seems.

I also think he's been a great horse..i'm not dissing him..but that horse has not got that change of gear anymore..loving him won't bring it back

and getting beat 15 in handicaps isn't GC winning form..getting beat a head might have been

Not based in logic.

logic is a part of faith, faith not a part of logic.

Just watched last year's race again. Was Tricky Trickster really 12/1:blink::blink:

With Long Run, Diamond Harry and hopefully Pandorama in the line-up this year we have such a better renewal to look forward to.

:lol::lol:

Have they suggested stronger medication Steve???

:lol: ...I've heard it all before, but those who persist in their madness are often proved wise.

Prior to 2010 Champion Hurdle:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM
I'm beginning to think Binocular is the only bet to have now and that he'll come away from them.

Sheikh: Whisky on your Corn flakes Steve? :-)

...that was quite satisfying.:)

Last edited:
i thought i were the daft one here.....there are two suggestions that if I had made them..would be getting me lots of ridicule i can guarantee you

i bet you don't get any ;)

This is the kind of tiresome shite that is making these threads extremely tedious.

Good Call. 97/98/99/00/02

Would have been six of course without the foot and mouth.

Only completed in three of them though.

Back