Road to the Gold Cup 2011

Carruthers looks big at 66/1 each way. I'd rather him than Tidal Bay, China Rock, Midnight Chase, Neptune Collonges who are all much shorter. Just done out of third in this last year, and the ground will suit even more this time. So many with doubts at the front of the betting means he has every chance of placing again.

I have a couple of quid on as my auntie dog sits for one of the owners when he's at the races. Ideally they were hoping for a little more rain, there had been talk last week of waiting for aintree. Much too soft for him last time, apparently finished very tired. Could well sneak a place.

I think it is changing of the guard time. I've got this between Kempes and Pandorama. Kauto Star to do best of the old guard.

I fear him more than Imperial Commander. Don't take this as gospel but over at Redcafe I've just read this:
I hope that's true but the quote itself made me laugh out loud. I can't imagine Willie Mullins saying that exact quote at all :lol:
C'mon Kempes, do me proud and make a poor Cheltenham a great one for me. Local Hero in the first to make a smashing day ;)

I really wouldn't be basing much on a poster on Redcafe, quoting Willie Mullins in a manner and style which just doesn't sound like him

I am in on Long Run. I love the horse more than any other and would love to see him win.

I have had each way bets on Denman (17/2 madness) and Carruthers (66s).

Last edited:
According to the stats none of the front ones can win. 10/11 year olds don't win, amateur winner can't win. That's the first five out!!

I'm big on Denman, topped up at double figure prices. Daft. Covered on IC who has taken a big walk on Betfair and is backable now and of course Long Run as well. Probably gonna get bitten but I've beaten the market at least.

Cleaned out there, didn't think Long Run would like the track....but, again, the best horse on the day wins...no excuses out there

Back