Posted elsewhere but really belongs here

pat Kelly is no longer viewed as a genius. Rightly so

But the PP dilemma

Is

1) The horse gone
2) just being trained for the GC exclusively
3) maybe just not as good as we thought post RSA
4) trainer bottomed him with a truly horrible campaigning last yea

50/1 in places for Bristol De Mai for the Gold Cup. Absolutely ridiculous price. Be more than half that if he beats Santini on Saturday which I think he will.

Also anyone explain how the odds work. Santini is 7/4 against Bristol De Mai 2/1 on Saturday. Yet in the Gold Cup Santini is 8s but Bristol is 50s. I don’t get it?

Last edited:
50/1 in places for Bristol De Mai for the Gold Cup. Absolutely ridiculous price. Be more than half that if he beats Santini on Saturday which I think he will.

He got ran over in peak conditions at Haydock and there is no reason he would reverse that form. 50/1 sounds about right.

Also anyone explain how the odds work. Santini is 7/4 against Bristol De Mai 2/1 on Saturday. Yet in the Gold Cup Santini is 8s but Bristol is 50s. I don’t get it?

It's 13/8 versus 5/2

Santini is an 8yo with only 7 chase starts and is getting 2lbs. Bristol De Mai is 0-4 at Cheltenham while Santini is 1-3. Hardly s surprise he is shorter in the betting.

Posted elsewhere but really belongs here

pat Kelly is no longer viewed as a genius. Rightly so

But the PP dilemma

Is

1) The horse gone
2) just being trained for the GC exclusively
3) maybe just not as good as we thought post RSA
4) trainer bottomed him with a truly horrible campaigning last yea

Regarding Presenting Percy, I was a bit out of touch Tuesday/Wednesday of this week with work myself, and missed when exactly PP was pulled from the Galmoy hurdle today.
Last I had heard early in the week he looked all set for this race today - to try and win his 3rd in a row.
Obviously a lot of pundits were saying it was ridiculous that a Gold Cup contender would go for the Galmoy hurdle with the DRF race in 10 days time.

Just wondering what happened - Did the horse have a set back to miss today or did connections see sense and decide to go DRF instead?

I thought it was a fair performance today by Santini. IMO he has the engine but is hard work. As MF said, he needs to be sharper. Not over his fences but between them. I almost feel it’s down to mental immaturity but I do still like him.

20 horses stand their ground

attachment.php

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 216
Native River out changes the race tactically now

Some horses that may have got burnt off now may not

Who makes it now? Bristol? Monalee?

David Mullins will have no issue with letting his boy rip if no one else will

Monalee is a doubtful stayer so not sure he will be on giddy up mode. Also likely that RB will be happy to take a possy following someone else around

I despise seeing horses being held up to deliberately get a trip when by nature they would like to be up at the pace

Lost In Translation is this horse for me - if he is help up, i'd worry for him.

Last edited:
David Mullins will have mo issue with letting his boy rip if no one else will

Monalee is a doubtful stayer so not sure he will be on giddy up mode. Also likely that RB will be happy to take a possy following someone else around

I despise seeing horses being held up to deliberately get a trip when by nature they would like to be up at the pace

Lost In Translation is this horse for me - if he is help up, i'd worry for him.

Agree with this. Hold up tactics worked OK in the Betfair with a muddling pace but came unstuck in the KG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back