Royal Ascot 2021

That was a good performance by Love. Trip short of her best, first run of the year and she did the donkey work. AND Ryan rode her well (DO that’s at you! :lol:)

WTF.....I am officially giving up after that! Wrong side and it p*sses in.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Godolphin fan but even I couldn't see that happening. As far as I know, the horse had never run on turf before!

In a way I'm glad - and not aimed at anyone on here who backed the Stoute horse - it won as I was on Astro King at Thirsk and it should have won. I just wasn't prepared to back it today at the price.

It will be very interesting to see what the handicapper does. Will he rate Astro King a comfortable winner or a well-beaten second?

I'll be rating each side independently of the other, effectively two separate races. The winner looked like a Group horse. I'm also pleased for SbS. Good trainer with the right horses.

I think artifical intelligence would have been useful in finding the winners this week.

All I can do is draw a line under the results of the first two days and treat tomorrow like a different day.

Corvair ran a big eye-catcher the last day and making a lot of appeal to me in the last tomorrow.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't run the race of its life. A high draw aswell. Live each way chance.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Godolphin fan but even I couldn't see that happening. As far as I know, the horse had never run on turf before!

In a way I'm glad - and not aimed at anyone on here who backed the Stoute horse - it won as I was on Astro King at Thirsk and it should have won. I just wasn't prepared to back it today at the price.
Funnily enough Mike only said this afternoon ‘that other Godolphin trainer doesn’t get many winners these days’. I pointed out that I tend to follow him in handicaps at Nottingham.
It will be very interesting to see what the handicapper does. Will he rate Astro King a comfortable winner or a well-beaten second?

I'll be rating each side independently of the other, effectively two separate races. The winner looked like a Group horse. I'm also pleased for SbS. Good trainer with the right horses.

I think 9s is a fair each way price on Roman Empire in the Hampton Court.

He ran well for a long way in the Dante before his run came to an end in the final furlong.

Simple logic would dictate he won't stay today.

He's by Galileo though so I'm thinking there's every chance he'll find the improvememt over the 1M4F.

I always remember Sholokov who appeared not to stay in the guineas but then came second in an Irish Derby.

You can never rule them out stepped up in distance to 1M4F especially if they're by Galileo.
I think I'm getting a excellent price because of the market leader and one or two others.

Even if it gets beat I still think its the right bet.

Last edited:
Sholokhov was by Saddler's Wells. He's running over 10f again not 12f. No doubts he stays just a matter of how keen he is early in the race.

Last edited:
Sholokhov was by Saddler's Wells. He's running over 10f again not 12f. No doubts he stays just a matter of how keen he is early in the race.

Well said, Slim. I blame the post on catching a cold and not being able to sleep last night. :)

It's a confusing race the Hampton Court yes. I thought it was 12f as well initially and Mohaafeth is a Frankel out of a Sea the Stars so he has to be taken on. The Varian did have a form boost yesterday via the QV winner but when they met it was this 10f trip surely too short for Kemari . One Ruler looks a solid ew alternative to the front two despite the penalty. He hated Epsom.

Noon Star seems short for the Ribblesdale and I don't get why Opera Mundi is shorter than Eshaada when she was beat by her at Newbury. I'll dutch her with Divinely who had a bad trip in the Oaks. AOB has won this before with a filly who hit the frame at Epsom

Trueshan hasn't had enough rain to be of interest in the Gold Cup. The handicaps are minefields and so leaving them alone.

Interesting Kevin Blake thinks Emperor Of The Sun will run a big race in the Gold Cup. I'm thinking the same, certainly for an each way bet.

He's a positive now in the betting.

Last edited:
Not doing too well so far....but a glutton for punishment so here goes:
All ew
Instinctive Move & Project Dante
Movin Time & Roman Empire
Eshaada & Divinely
Santiago
Aerion Power, Qaader & Air to Air
Sir Lamorak w, First Light
Blue Mist, Aldaary
......there may be more....:lol:

Dubai Fountain a half sister to Real World, that would be a nice Royal Ascot double.
Well supported too !

Attracted money in the Oaks also. Don't get why people back Johnston horses in good group races short of the Leger trip.

Project Dante so, so unlucky there. Going really well and got stopped. That he picked up again and finished third shows he’s nice. Winner looked well in paddock and I would have backed it especially when Instinctive Move got WD late.
But a very nice bunch of sprinting 2yos. Think there will be some winners out of that.

Last edited:
My little ew yankee
Spanish mission 415
Arrion power 500
Blue mist 610
Nagano 535

I've done annerville in the 340 in my alerts but this is tougher

Back