Royal Ascot 2021

BREAKING: Ascot is to hold an inspection at 12.30pm following heavy rain. Areas of the track - including down the hill and on the home turn - are causing concern

BREAKING: Ascot is to hold an inspection at 12.30pm following heavy rain. Areas of the track - including down the hill and on the home turn - are causing concern

Dunno what they mean by “following heavy rain” - still chucking it down atm. Be lucky to race, I reckon.

Talk of running the straight course races and possibly moving the round course races to the straight course.

Great..

Good to see Blake put up Tasman Bay to out run the odds, we agree on that.

I liked Murtaghs horse in the Commonwealth but the fav Suesa looks very strong.

I've jumped ship.

Last edited:
Ante-Post I was on Suesa at 8s and Supremacy at 12s for the Commonwealth Cup so good and bad news

In the Coronation it's fairly obvious to back the German filly with the ground but her form is not without substance as the second in the German 1000 she won is French trained and was behind the recent Group 2 Prix Sandringham winner in a listed race at Chantilly the time before. She is also a good back to lay prop.

Not posting my selections today but 1, 2 in that. Sorry after timing and all that but I’ve had such a rubbish week, it had knocked my confidence.
I picked them both as their dam sire was Pivotal and he is such an influence for horses getting through the ground. On another note, thought Prettiest ran a screamer as she wouldn’t have like the ground so much based on pedigree. Keep an eye on her - she’s nice.

Same here Jinny. Had a last minute look at the race and picked the Pivotal with the biggest price.

I was thinking Nathaniel. Backed Khagan in the later handicap because he had soft ground for in France albeit not doing much since he came here.

Last edited:
Just scanning the DofE, I would imagine sires like Nathaniel, Motivator, Sea the Moon, poss Sea the Stars. Dam sires Montjeu, Cape Cross, Selkirk. I tend to steer away from anything Danehill or American bred.

Its definitely not an exact science but it can help.

Jockeys saying ground not too bad but they are asking the winning jockeys and it never is!

Not posting my selections today but 1, 2 in that. Sorry after timing and all that but I’ve had such a rubbish week, it had knocked my confidence.
I picked them both as their dam sire was Pivotal and he is such an influence for horses getting through the ground. On another note, thought Prettiest ran a screamer as she wouldn’t have like the ground so much based on pedigree. Keep an eye on her - she’s nice.

I thought Prettiest will end up the best of them by some way.

Back