Sandown Coral Eclipse

Hopefully a decent pace and a fair race.
Henry Cecil never liked this race for 3 year olds, he reckoned they were not yet ready to take on older horses over a stiff 10 furlongs.
Given his 2 best three year olds ( Wollow, Reference Point ) were beaten you can see why.
Should Native Trail or Vadeni win they will be proven top drawer 3 year olds.

Last edited:
With respect you hope I am as you are in the SMS camp I presume?

His win at Sandown was impressive of a normal pace for a group race
The opposition for a couple of reasons wasn't great and last time in a tougher race got his ass felt.

Moore gave him a perfectly good ride he simply wasn't good enoughand this is a huge step up from that.

I think he's aplace lay personally.
Taken the 4/1 Bay Bridge, and will happily go in at higher if more take his POW form literally.
They were unsure how he'd cope with faster ground then, and he wasn't given a hard race because of it. They know better now, and he'll be ridden more positively because of it.
Interestingly, AOB swerves the race, probably on RM's counsel. Be warned.

Is it possible BB was using the POW as a prep?

Excuse me while I fall off my chair laughing:lol:

The horse was going for 5 on the trot, his first crack at a group 1 and was off for his life in a race worth £599,708.25 to the winner.

Prepping?:blink: You lot need to stop looking for excuses the horse was beaten, wasn't good enough, lacked the finishing kick just one negative after the other

Last edited:
To those of you who are planning to or have opposed Vadeni especially you Bay Brudge supporters

I am doing you a favour and giving you some free advice:-

For Burned Fingers+Apply petroleum jelly two to three times daily.
Do not apply ointments, toothpaste or butter to the burn, as these may cause an infection.

:lol:

To those of you who are planning to or have opposed Vadeni especially you Bay Brudge supporters

I am doing you a favour and giving you some free advice:-

For Burned Fingers+Apply petroleum jelly two to three times daily.
Do not apply ointments, toothpaste or butter to the burn, as these may cause an infection.

:lol:

You're the worst judge on the internet. I've just trebled my stake on Bay Bridge based on your opinion.

Last edited:
Hopefully a decent pace and a fair race.
Henry Cecil never liked this race for 3 year olds, he reckoned they were not yet ready to take on older horses over a stiff 10 furlongs.
Given his 2 best three year olds ( Wollow, Reference Point ) were beaten you can see why.
Should Native Trail or Vadeni win they will be proven top drawer 3 year olds.

I see one of the 'tipsters' on the RP site claims receiving 10lbs in weight for age is a "massive plus". I despair. It's about as massive as my dick in a cold bath.

The very fact that 3yos don't have a record that would support the claim seems lost on the guy.

The allowance is there for a reason.

I see one of the 'tipsters' on the RP site claims receiving 10lbs in weight for age is a "massive plus". I despair. It's about as massive as my dick in a cold bath.

The very fact that 3yos don't have a record that would support the claim seems lost on the guy.

The allowance is there for a reason.

Just more dribble from HRH

year olds have won more times than any other age group:-

52 3yo
51 4yo
17 5yo
1 6yo

If you want to get picky they still have won 43% overall which is not too shabby

I doubt if anyone would give age as a negative a thought when Mill Reef Sea the Stars and Dancing Brace won it

If the 3 year old is top class the 10lbs makes him one hard nut to crack

I don't think he'll win but 25s+ Lord North is ridiculous. He was beaten 7l at Ascot, but he lost about that at the start.

I don't think he'll win but 25s+ Lord North is ridiculous. He was beaten 7l at Ascot, but he lost about that at the start.

Apologies, Euro, just noticed this. Been busy all day and only just finished studying for tomorrow. I came to pretty much the same conclusion and put LN on the Longshot thread not long ago.

From the item I sent to friends/family this evening:

[TABLE="width: 393"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
Horse[/TD]
[TD]OR[/TD]
[TD]MON[/TD]
[TD]Notes[/TD]
[TD]RPR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Mishriff[/TD]
[TD]125[/TD]
[TD]125[/TD]
[TD]+p[/TD]
[TD]133[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Bay Bridge[/TD]
[TD]121[/TD]
[TD]124[/TD]
[TD]p[/TD]
[TD]131[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Lord North[/TD]
[TD]118[/TD]
[TD]122[/TD]
[TD]123o[/TD]
[TD]127[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Native Trail[/TD]
[TD]121[/TD]
[TD]122[/TD]
[TD]?[/TD]
[TD]127[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Vadeni[/TD]
[TD]123[/TD]
[TD]121[/TD]
[TD]+p[/TD]
[TD]129[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Alenquer[/TD]
[TD]120[/TD]
[TD]119[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]127[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I’d be very keen on Mishriff if he’d had a more recent run. I’d be very keen on him after this but have to oppose him even though I can see him running well. I’ve taken 4/1 Bay Bridge. I’m not sure if Moore was maybe a wee bit over-confident at Ascot and maybe thought he could win there without giving the horse too hard a race but the jockey on the winner was brilliant. I’ve also taken 25/1 Lord North with Coral going 3 places and the BOG.

Last edited:
Im gonna go with Native Trail, been crying out for this distance and drawn closer to Coreobus in the 2,000 he would still be unbeaten

Ground getting quicker at Sandown, all the older horses seem to be better with a bit of dig, also the French horse is probably better with cut in the ground as well

Im gonna go with Native Trail, been crying out for this distance and drawn closer to Coreobus in the 2,000 he would still be unbeaten

You have kind of explained why he was beaten at Newmarket (crying out for step up in trip) which is the impression he gives. If Coreobus could have tracked Native Trail at Newmarket then he would have dealt with him.

Cracking race tomorrow and you wouldn't be surprised if any of them won. Not convinced Native Trail over this trip.

BAY BRIDGE WINS!

You have kind of explained why he was beaten at Newmarket (crying out for step up in trip) which is the impression he gives. If Coreobus could have tracked Native Trail at Newmarket then he would have dealt with him.

Cracking race tomorrow and you wouldn't be surprised if any of them won. Not convinced Native Trail over this trip.

BAY BRIDGE WINS!

Yes any could win in truth.

Postives for Alenquer is he is likely to be ridden up with the pace and that surely gives him a marginal edge against the rest just to start with.

Re-ground...he has won on varying grounds from heavy all the way to good ground.

While I think he doesn't want it rock hard firm ground sometimes history shows some of the very best go on different ground. I just hope it doesn't get too firm.

Thirdly, the stable are in red hot form.

So he's got these things in his favour plus his best form is right handed.

As Frankel says anything could win, but all I can say in Alenquer's favour is knowing everything we think we know about the runners, if you ran this race 100 times or 1000 times over and offered Alenquer at 7/1, I reckon he is the right and/or most profitable bet. That's just my hypothesis though.

I don't know, maybe I am talking shite, and these are the very best we have, not 1 in a hundred or 1 in a thousand horses.

More like 1 in a million horses these are.

Lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Vadeni:- Came of age in the French Derby and you could sense Christophe Soumillon excitiment after the race
he barely touched the horse and he took off like a bat out of hell
Quote "It was impressive and I certainly didn't expect what he did there. It was something totally out of the ordinary"

Native Trail:- He really should have won the 2000 Guineas and if he had and was going here unbeaten would be favourite
he's tough as old boot and a real danger to Vadeni.Quote "Yes he'll get 10f" William Buick said without batting an eyelid

Bay Bridge:Before being thrown in at the deepend he achieved a 5 timer but a closer look has a story to tell
All 5 of the horses that finished 2nd to him were beaten next time out.
Backed down to odds on for his first attempt in Group 1 company he never looked at any stage he was going to deliver.
The lack of pace was put forward as an excuse but there's no guarantee the Eclipse will be run at an all out gallop.
Overrated in my book and highly unlikely to bother the front 2 in the betting.
The poor horse has the added negative that Frankel Reet Slim and Desert Orchid who couldn't pick his nose tip him:lol:

Alenquer: Has the clear beating of Bay Bridge on a line through State of Rest. Usually ridden handily but not
likely to go off at a million miles per hour. Hard to work out as he inconsistant but very good on his day.

Mishriff: He's a big price on his best form has an EW chance. Gosden could have given him a run if he thought he needed it but goes here after
5 months off. If there's going to be an upset he could be your huckelberry.

Lord North: 25/1 should be 125/1 Probably would have run better had Frankie left the hood on No chance will finish nearer last than first

Last edited:
You're the worst judge on the internet. I've just trebled my stake on Bay Bridge based on your opinion.

The difference between you and I is that within 2 days last week I posted and backed a 12/1 winner and followed it up with a 9/1 double also proofed to this forum.

So while you are digging deep into your resources I already covered myself and then some ++ and had my biggest bet of the year all from winnings and paid for.

Quite frankly if Vadeni should lose I won't bat an eyelid and if he wins that will make you angry because you don't like anyone stealing your limelight.

You on the otherhand have let your emotions control your pocket and lost all your dicipline which is the downfall of all "I know best" punters,

Just imagine if you had backed all my star bets over the last year how much you would have won.....the mind boggles:blink:

So when you have a record that comes even close to my own then you can start bumping your gums about how great you are but until then stfu and let your selections do the talking.

Note:_ This Rant was written by Fist of Fury under the influence of many Leo Beer and a legalized substance.

Last edited:
Vadeni - trainer states he'll be ridden from off the pace and he's uncertain to run in the Arc - inference; he's uncertain about the colt's stamina; other jocks will know this and the pace will be set accordingly.
Go figure.

The difference between you and I is that within 2 days last week I posted and backed a 12/1 winner and followed it up with a 9/1 double also proofed to this forum.

So while you are digging deep into your resources I already covered myself and then some ++ and had my biggest bet of the year all from winnings and paid for.

Quite frankly if Vadeni should lose I won't bat an eyelid and if he wins that will make you angry because you don't like anyone stealing your limelight.

You on the otherhand have let your emotions control your pocket and lost all your dicipline which is the downfall of all "I know best" punters,

Just imagine if you had backed all my star bets over the last year how much you would have won.....the mind boggles:blink:

So when you have a record that comes even close to my own then you can start bumping your gums about how great you are but until then stfu and let your selections do the talking.

Note:_ This Rant was written by Fist of Fury under the influence of many Leo Beer and a legalized substance.

The day I back something you tip up is the day I quit gambling.

In the Native Trail camp myself, but you wouldn't really be surprised if any of them won, including the perceived rag! Not a race for a big bet really, so many variables.

Back