Scoop 6 - 22nd November

Fingers crossed, Rory.

I'll have a good chuckle if that nag House of Bourbon is the last winner.

Hard to believe Shads was going on about yaks at Lingfield; she clearly didn't get around to glancing at the 3.30 from Huntingdon!

Cantoris

Oops!

I had Possol in as my only horse in that leg - I had four lines in all! And got three winners correct!
Honourable failure, and all the winners were on my shortlists... Oh for some money to spare...

He had an eighth share of the pot, but I think it then transpired he was in a syndicate of 60

Ended up having 4 winners and 2 5th places!

The Huntingdon race was quite ironic - picked two horses and naturally is was House of Bourbon and Heathcliff who were miles clear.

Didn't really get a sweat as the second race sunk me. Well done to anyone that got the place bet up at least.

Yes I was sunk on the second leg too - I'd have been having heart attacks if I'd got that as I got the 1st, 3rd & 4th leg! It must be awful to go out of the last leg, can't imagine the high / low of that!

Last edited:
I was stunned to find my two quid entry was gone after the first leg. The rest of my selections understandably gave up after that setback until Duff staged a rally in the last.

Myself and one or two other forumites were part of one of the winning lines. The syndicate is run (and the selections chosen) by Mounty who has been an occasional poster here. Mounty is a top bloke and a bit of a genius to boot. Cheers fella.

Yes that is the correct Mounty. Hardly needs saying he is a very shrewd judge.

Well done lads.

Back