Scottish Independence.....

The demographics are bad too

The healthy working population will have to support the rest to a much bigger degree than elsewhere in Europe. The trouble being that with 30% of the population alcoholics and 30% with cholesterol off the scale and most of the remainder smackheads its all a bit of a mess

The 5% that are not crippled or addicts soon will be, supporting that lot

During the push for push for Irish independence it was the British people who liked Irish people least who most opposed us leaving the Union.

It's the great paradox of these things.

During the push for push for Irish independence it was the British people who liked Irish people least who most opposed us leaving the Union.

It's the great paradox of these things.

no it isnt

most people take as they find and couldnt give a monkeys. they certainly dont see scots as all the same. that would be ridiculous.

some are smackheads and some are alcoholics...theres a difference

The idea that those who want to the uk to remain as one "dislike scots" is ridiculous.

I suppose the majority of scots who want to remain in the uk dislike the English then do they?

It does disgust me when I see reputable news organisations acting as media puppets/free-advertisers for bookmaker PR depts. Especially for bookmaking outfits who bounce me back when I try to have a lowly tenner on.
I take the report with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
All over bar the shouting? No vote is 1/7 in places and polls have decidedly swung back

Good stuff

It's not really now about a yes or a no vote, but having Salmond suffer an almighty beating... a moral victory would be hard to stomach.

Yes. For all that many down here might sneer at him, i am sure Gordon Brown weighing in conclusively has had an effect too.

Enjoyed the lunch mate. And i do like that place

Yes. For all that many down here might sneer at him, i am sure Gordon Brown weighing in conclusively has had an effect too.

Enjoyed the lunch mate. And i do like that place

Gordon Brown's opinion counts for nothing, to be honest......and neither does Alastair Darling's.

The reason why the Yes vote will be buried in an avalanche, is down to the fact that no coherent case can be made by the pro-Indepedence campaign - because everything they've promised (even if their numbers do stand-up*) is 100% subject to negotiation, and is therefore on the never-never. The closer we get to the Vote, the more obvious the risk of cessation becomes to everyone who lives here.

The Jockolate Teapot - as is typical of his style - believes that his bombast can win the day. He is going to get an alarmingly rude-awakening around 19th September, because if there is such a thing as a national trait amongst Scots, it's the ability to see a chancer/bull-sh*itter a mile off.

The shortbread-tin-rattling brigade are prepared to look past this, because they care only about the Cause and hope that the Effect is benign. Thankfully, these single-agenda ar*seholes are in a minority, and sanity is set to prevail.

* They don't.

Last edited:
Hope you're not right, I've bought some equity in private security firms based upon the assumption there will be a well marshalled border.

I've also been scouting a few of the 'backroads' over the hills because I'm sure the Scots will run out of something essential when reality hits them following independance - I fancy myself a bit of a boot-legger after reading Barney Curleys latest book.

MR2

Gordon Brown's opinion counts for nothing, to be honest......and neither does Alastair Darling's.

The reason why the Yes vote will be buried in an avalanche, is down to the fact that no coherent case can be made by the pro-Indepedence campaign - because everything they've promised (even if their numbers do stand-up*) is 100% subject to negotiation, and is therefore on the never-never. The closer we get to the Vote, the more obvious the risk of cessation becomes to everyone who lives here.

The Jockolate Teapot - as is typical of his style - believes that his bombast can win the day. He is going to get an alarmingly rude-awakening around 19th September, because if there is such a thing as a national trait amongst Scots, it's the ability to see a chancer/bull-sh*itter a mile off.

The shortbread-tin-rattling brigade are prepared to look past this, because they care only about the Cause and hope that the Effect is benign. Thankfully, these single-agenda ar*seholes are in a minority, and sanity is set to prevail.

* They don't.

Largely agree, Gh. My birthday is referendum day. The ideal pressie would be to see wee Eck get his a*rse well and truly skelpt.

I think it will be a lot closer than the odds suggest. It's very rare to actually meet someone who wants to stay part of the union these days - plenty of "I'm not sure's", but not too many, "I definitely do's".

Personally I'm a bit concerned by the concentration on Alex Salmond in the views on here. As soon as Scotland decides he's a ****, he's gone, same as is currently the situation with a PM in Westminster - it's not as if a YES vote is giving him or SturgeonEggsFace some sort of lifetime dictatorial powers....

However, if the NO wankers have managed to get the rest of the country to think in the same way then there could be a major travesty.

Alex Salmond said before that in 100 years noone will remember him , only that Scotland will be independent.not like were voting for a prom king lol
Tbh I'm not sure about independence but Scotland is generally quite a negative country so people that think we can't do it alone , probably just worried.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hope you're not right, I've bought some equity in private security firms based upon the assumption there will be a well marshalled border.

I've also been scouting a few of the 'backroads' over the hills because I'm sure the Scots will run out of something essential when reality hits them following independance - I fancy myself a bit of a boot-legger after reading Barney Curleys latest book.

MR2

It will be a wall like in Game Of Thrones

It will be a wall like in Game Of Thrones

We can but hope, keep those wildlings to the south in order.

As McGlashan said

"we even invented the English. We took all the people in our country who were poofs or bastards or deviants or girls and sent them down south and said 'Right, youse can be the English. And we'll come down every now and then and kick your arse'"

Back