Sprinter Sacre Appreciaton Group

• Thread starter Thread starter ArkleSupreme
  • Start date Start date
Give it a rest if you have nothing original to say.

Arkle, Kauto Star and Denman were three fabulous horses and all three deserve credit and recognition as such. Anyone who would knock any of these three horses is no fan of racing.

Directed at MKK and AS, not Euro.

Last edited:
Good comments, chroniclord...but in the real scheme of things the Nicholls pair don't come anywhere near Arkle and the facts are the Arkle Chase is run at the Cheltenham Festival every year to celebrate the greatest chaser ever seen !

That is all we need to know.

Good comments, chroniclord...but in the real scheme of things the Nicholls pair don't come anywhere near Arkle and the facts are the Arkle Chase is run at the Cheltenham Festival every year to celebrate the greatest chaser ever seen !

That is all we need to know.

Is it possible for you to make a post without mentioning Arkle or denigrating Kauto Star? Go on, give it a try.

So much for appreciating Sprinter Sacre. You want to discuss Arkle he has his own thread you bozos

Sprinter Sacre a novice going into his second season is already rated higher by the BHA than Denman was going into his first Hennessy

He is also rated 19lbs higher than Kauto Star was when going into the Tingle Creek and 2lbs higher than he was going into the QMCC

Timeform have given him 180p which is probably good for at least 4 or 5 lbs.

I have never seen a horse that can do what he does. He doesn't even seem to be galloping it's like he's between a canter and a gallop at all times and everything seems to be so easy for him.

If he continues this way and hacks up in the Tingle Creek and totally destroys Sanctuaire and company like I expect him to, there's no doubt the BHA will put him up by a good few pound and Timeform will have him on at least 186.

It doesn't take much imagination to realize he is on his way to becoming the highest rated horse of modern times I just hope he stays sound and continues to do what he is doing.

The very fact we are discussing this virtual novice in the same breath as two great steeple chasers speaks volumes about him.

Tanlic..you said "I have never seen a horse that can do what he does"

You obviously never saw Arkle then !

He is also rated 19lbs higher than Kauto Star was when going into the Tingle Creek

Is that relevant though? Sometimes forgotten that Kauto steadily improved when stepped up in distance and at early stage of career, not too many would have backed im being best for many years

Sprinter sacre I rate highly at 2 miles but until he can do what no other horse has done and win a betfair chase then tingle creek a king George then go on to win a gold cup then he will go down as a great up there with the greatest of them all no wonder Clive was always smiling king kauto the king of all kings :)

Why does this place have mods if they won't do anything?

This is like the Bruce episode (I wonder why) all over again.

Is it technically possible for you and Arkle Supreme to be on here at the same time, or does the requirement to have separate IP addresses for each username rule it out?

Clearly too much for our esteemed mods to check... :rolleyes:

Hamm im putting you in mods now :) WE BOTH JUST HAVE VERY STRONG OPINIONS BUT I WILL NEVER BACK DOWN TO ANDREW FROM GREENFORD THE MANS A JOKE !!!

Apologies. I wrongly mistook this for an endless stream of repetitive nonsense!

I vote Kauto - yeay.

Back