St Leger

My point being you dont know what youre doing - you back a horse because someone else gives you the word. It makes no sense, to me at least.

Prendergast is 14% with his 2yos over the last 5 seasons...

I think because you won't admit your wrong about Seville that you have resorted these to personal jibes. I don't get 'word' for them. I follow the yard closely and I have a very good grasp of every runner in the stable. I very rarely post about UK racing because it rarely interests me. I like Irish racing especially 2yo maidens and consider myself a fairly good judge. Talking with someone who is a real good judge (like everyone does on this forum) can only be beneficial and I use it to maximise my knowledge on a given race. You need to have as many pieces of the jigsaw as possible when going to war. You're making me sound like someone who subscribes to a tipping service which I'm not. People would pay good money for the information I get and I post it on here freely and let others make a decision and I never post anything unless I'm having a bet myself. I don't seem to recall me ever criticising your knowledge or betting strategy so unless I have recently pissed on you front lawn on the way home (not a big price) please explain the need for having a go at me.

Last edited:
Having a go at you?! You wont stop going on about Seville, who no matter what yiu think is not 'no good'. Not letting that go is having a go at those who backed him, so stop complaining about others picking holes in your strategy when that is exactly what youre doing yourself.

Ps, im not wrong about Seville. He ran very well for a 10s shot, they dont all win you know. Thst doesnt make me wrong or the horse useless. Not everything in racing is black and white.

Having a go at you?! You wont stop going on about Seville, who no matter what yiu think is not 'no good'. Not letting that go is having a go at those who backed him, so stop complaining about others picking holes in your strategy when that is exactly what youre doing yourself.

I'm more than entitled to say Seville is useless after today. He had the right ground and the extra distance was the final throw of the dice for him. He got beat because he is slow. It's not like I'm after timing, you will find me slagging off the horse during the winter. Just admit for once you were wrong. What does running well for a 10/1 shot mean by the way? Are 10/1 shots not entitled to run well?

He's not a handicapper, he's not a Group One horse either. He'll pick up some valuable races in the Middle East I expect.

Nothing wrong with betting on information if the information leads you to backing shorteners and nothing wrong with betting horses who've placed in Group Ones in Group Ones.

I'd rather debate the race more lads. Gosden mentioned the QIPCO stayers race on Champions Day as a target for MM, seems a bit odd to me. I'm sure Gosden wants to support the day but would think there are better races for him than that? Suppose the problem is, they'll either have to drop him back in trip or drop in grade as there's nothing bar that over 1m6f+ that unless they run him in one of the two stayers Group Ones in France but not even sure if they're open to three year olds and the Cadran would be too far for him at present.

They'd either have to step him back to 1m4f for the turf or run him on dirt in the Marathon though. Suspect given he's been labelled a "stayer" and will be campaigned as one next year, the former is unlikely now although if he's going to do the latter, he's with the right man and the man most likely to do it.

The Marathon is an absolutely dire race as well.

The Prix Royal Oak at Longchamp over 1m7.5f at the end of October is the race I was thinking about. Open to three year olds too. That's where I'd take him if he was mine.

How did a horse he has v close form with win 2 group 1s then?

Shouldnt Meandre then be 100+/1 for the Arc if that is all he just beat?

Come on dude, the form book might read two or whatever lengths but you can't measure Meandre's superiority that day. The Ballydoyle mob got first run and he pounced to win c o s i l y.

The story goes that Aiden O'Brien was going to gallop him after racing to get him straight for his next intended run. That would cost €200 but a nice canter around for last place had prize money of £6,034.48! Schooling in public at a whole new level.

Good story, but I can't see it occurring to an outfit who spends more on their entries than the GDP of a small African country!

The Prix Royal Oak at Longchamp over 1m7.5f at the end of October is the race I was thinking about. Open to three year olds too. That's where I'd take him if he was mine.

Did Yeats manage to win that race? I know he was turned over in it once. It comes so late in the year it could be used as a prep for the Triumph Hurdle. On that basis I think Seville will be considered for it too.

Did Yeats manage to win that race? I know he was turned over in it once. It comes so late in the year it could be used as a prep for the Triumph Hurdle. On that basis I think Seville will be considered for it too.

Yep, won it in 2008. Would surely achieve more for the CV running in that than beating Chiberta King and Akmal round Ascot.

Gosden mentioned the QIPCO stayers race on Champions Day as a target for MM, seems a bit odd to me. I'm sure Gosden wants to support the day but would think there are better races for him than that?

Might be as much down to the owner looking at it being a good occasion to have a live chance? Funnily enough, he won the Prix Royal Oak and the Cadran back in the early 90s with Assessor. Trained by Richard Hannon. Imagine that, Hannon training Group 1 stayers.

Yep, won it in 2008. Would surely achieve more for the CV running in that than beating Chiberta King and Akmal round Ascot.

When you say CV do you mean for breeding? Surely the Ascot race will be a nice soft touch for a big pot?

Just admit your wrong Hamm. You'll feel better. It can't be easy for you watching Seville getting run over no matter what the going, distance or tactics.

When you say CV do you mean for breeding? Surely the Ascot race will be a nice soft touch for a big pot?

Is the Ascot race even a Group One though? Not even bothered looking such is my disgust with the new Champions Day.

I'd rather be taking in another Group One and yes, would look good on the breeding CV too. Especially for NH breeders in the future.

His racing future will be over Cup distances so might as well bag a slightly more prestigious Group One as a three year old, especially as the division is so weak.

A thrilling , magnificently attritional race but I think writing Sea Moon off a mistake . I am a big fan of Peslier but that must be the worst ride he has given a horse in a long time . In both his York runs the horse took a while to warm up before pulling away - riding him up the rail was an utter disaster .

MM is a cracking stayer - they broke the course record and Seville a multiple G1 placed horse was stuffed.

I think Census was below form - whether he did not stay or the ground ( as connections suggested )I am not sure but he did not pick up . Brown Panther ran better than I expected .

Had Sea Moon got out early in the straight and been able to run at MM he would have gone close but I suspect the winner would have found more.

As for Godolphin - do they have more money than sense - why supplement Rumh for £45,000 when Sheikh M's wife's horse was going to go off like a scalded cat - did she not tell him ???

Last edited:
Back