Supreme Novices Hurdle

The only problem I have with Dunraven Storm is Cue Card well and truly put him in his place already...twice....and thats without any improvement.

Personally i'm @@@@@ deep into Cue Card and at decent prices.I like Steve cannot see past him either.Its gonna take a good one to beat him and I just cant bring myself to back against it at the moment.I've weighed up laying some off but I have decided to let it run,it also features in most of my multiples too,so i'll know my fate early on!!
I thought the same of Zaidpour too,looked a bit sluggish to me,he did run on I suppose.Mullins seems to think he is the real deal,in that case back Gibb River! but seriously I can't be backing Zaidpour from what i've seen.

I hope we're right about Cue Card... I really think we are. However, I was just as deep into Dunguib last year and the same offer at PP actually helped me to back my second choice in Menorah.

But whereas I thought Dunguib had a favourites chance, I can't really see anything beating Cue Card (...which may indeed be foolish in this race).

I hope we're right about Cue Card... I really think we are. However, I was just as deep into Dunguib last year and the same offer at PP actually helped me to back my second choice in Menorah.

But whereas I thought Dunguib had a favourites chance, I can't really see anything beating Cue Card (...which may indeed be foolish in this race).

I think it is the real deal Steve.I fortunately didn't get sucked into Dunguib last year.I've been a big fan of Menorah for a while and backed it each way last year for the Supreme,although not huge stakes.I have backed him for the CH this year.CC form is quite simply head and shoulders above these and though Menorah put their race to bed quite easily,I really do think Menorah is very good.Add to that the noises coming from the connections (even though they are a bit eccentric).I really can't see it being turned over Steve.

For me, when you have a short priced favourite in the Supreme, you don't want many, if any, negatives.

With Cue Card, you have:
- Jockey
- Trainer
- Not having run since December
- Not a great hurdler
- Record of bumper winners in this race
- Form with Dunraven Storm doesn't look great
- Looked to find little when last off the bridle in the Bula

This does not make him a 9/4 shot for me.

I can't buy into the "take him on with whatever Barry rides" theory.I know it is a race of unknowns but from what it has done and the rating it hs run to there may be one to beat him in there.For me its certainly not Dunraven Storm,Al ferof or recession proof.

Sorry Hamm wasn't quoting anyone on here,was watching ATR earlier and also BF Forum,was just trying to add weight to my argument!lol

Yes it looks that way,I thought Yesterday that Sprinter Sacre would be pulled but looks increasingly like they will both run.

I see Ruby Walsh made Cue Card his charity bet on RUK yesterday and the horse he would most like to be riding outside his rides from PN and WM's yards.

I see Ruby Walsh made Cue Card his charity bet on RUK yesterday and the horse he would most like to be riding outside his rides from PN and WM's yards.

Ruby Walsh said Cousin Vinny and Dunguib were absolute shoe ins in recent years, and even said 'Next race!' after mentioning his tip such was his confidence for one of them at a preview evening.

A great judge.

The Zaidpour 2.5k backer on Betfair is now looking to take 9.8. I wonder is it just market manipulation?

For me, when you have a short priced favourite in the Supreme, you don't want many, if any, negatives.

With Cue Card, you have:
- Jockey
- Trainer
- Not having run since December
- Not a great hurdler
- Record of bumper winners in this race
- Form with Dunraven Storm doesn't look great
- Looked to find little when last off the bridle in the Bula

This does not make him a 9/4 shot for me.

get the laying boots on Hamm..this one is the worst favourite there

Ruby Walsh said Cousin Vinny and Dunguib were absolute shoe ins in recent years, and even said 'Next race!' after mentioning his tip such was his confidence for one of them at a preview evening.

A great judge.

He has tended to be pretty good at choosing the right one .

As for Dunguib who knows what might have happened had he not been given a dreadful ride .

Back