Tajjree

Epona - there aren't any men on the gate - and there isn't any gate, either - to check whether they come IN with horses or hot tvs to sell. I believe the keys were left in the ignition, is that true?

Back to Taj - I really thought she was on for a second - actually, coming into the final bend I thought she could be on for first! - but she just got overwhelmed by what the Yanks call closers. Really good effort, well up in the first five, then showing good battling qualities. She looked darn fit, too, so I'm sure a good show could come soon.

Didn't get to see the race as was looking round a prospective new house. Glad Taj ran well and i'm sure she'll be back in the winners enclosure very soon.

Originally posted by krizon@Jan 26 2007, 02:58 PM
Epona - there aren't any men on the gate - and there isn't any gate, either - to check whether they come IN with horses or hot tvs to sell. I believe the keys were left in the ignition, is that true?

The keys in the ignition? I do hope not :blink:

I notice Brendan has a few runners tomorrow at Lingfield, Krizon. Perhaps you can ask him if he goes.

It's not really a news item I want to put on his website UNLESS there was any possibility it would help him get his box back. I bet it is now totally resprayed and possibly in a container on it's way to a foreign land as we speak. :confused:

I agree Kri - Taj ran a very good race I thought. Shame she dwelt ever so slightly in the stalls but she overcame that very quickly and ran a promising race - Ady wasn't hard on her either in the last couple of furlongs but she still wasn't beaten far.

Roll on the Tedmeister tomorrow too! :D

We were happy with Taj's run against seasoned handicappers on Friday.
As she gains more experience she'll get better.

Runner up to her at Wolves Kitchen Sink got off the mark in a similar quality maiden yesterday also at Wolves beating another of our old foes in Ceredig.

Further form boosts from last Friday's race yesterday with Canadian Danehill and Egyptian Lord winning the 2 divisions of the 5f handicap at Southwell.

Originally posted by Arkwright@Feb 2 2007, 11:42 AM
Further form boosts from last Friday's race yesterday with Canadian Danehill and Egyptian Lord winning the 2 divisions of the 5f handicap at Southwell.
And I have EGYPTIAN LORD's dam here.....

Taj has an entry next Wednesday at Nottingham.
Really looking forward to her turf campaign as she only had the one chance last year when she ran at Warwick and I think she would have probaly won that race if it had been over 5f.

Yes, the Four Horsemen of the Apostrophe are on their way now, bristling with both single and double apostrophes and supported, this time, by a battalion of commas and semi-colons. Yikes!

She hasn't been declared for Wednesday,ground a bit too quick.
Plenty of races coming up though so all being well she'll be running fairly soon.

Should be arriving anytime now in Newcastle in preparation to make only her second appearance on turf in the lucky last tomorrow.
Useful 5lb claimer Michael Stainton (whom I think has ridden once before for Kirsty) takes the mount.
Won't be easy from a low draw in easy ground but hopefully she'll come back safe and sound and give us some encouragement for the future.

I'll be working so will miss seeing her, or the re-run in the morning 'cos it's Fontwell then, so best of luck in advance, and let's hope she enjoys the course.

Best of luck, I will miss race too as am in Newmarket tomorrow and driving back late - but will catch replay. Fingers crossed, enjoy and be lucky!

Back