Tajjree

Hope I looked at the right horse, but this looked very good. Losing so much ground at the start, and running on so well ?!!! - Was she 5th ???

Well done !

Crazy, she was the only runner in the race wearing cheekpieces, and orange-and-black silks. Missed the break, ran green, still did very well to finish past others, and certainly didn't look anything but pleased with herself as she came home. (I loitered at the end of the horsewalk to see her come past.) Sweet little girl, too, dainty and quite pretty!

Smashing to see RayH and Arkwright again, and say hallo to other TAJJREEites.

I'd be happy with that so well done to all connections.

I'm sure if she breaks well next time and runs like that you won't be far away.

It should be easy enough to find her suitable race too.

Chuffed to bits with that especially when you consider how much ground she lost at the start.
Just got tired at the end but the experience will have done her no end of good.

A few piccies from the evening.

Being led into the paddock
TajandBrian.jpg

Steve Carson
SteveCarson.jpg

Close up in the paddock
Apropercloseup.jpg

Looking at the camera
Lookingatthecamera.jpg

Having a bite to eat before the journey home
Readytogohome.jpg

Taj ran a very promising race, well done to Arkers, the syndicate & Kirsty. She ran a blinding debut I thought and nest time out shouldn't be far away. She looked ever so professional too, jumping out & the final bend aside she didn't look very green either. Well done Taj!

All being well she will be having her second run later on this week at either Wolves or Warwick.

From the Lingfield race Leoplodine has won and been listed placed since.
Storm on the Run has been placed since.
Titian Dancer was just out of the frame in a hcap at Kempton last week and Kansas Gold has been placed twice since in fair maidens at Newbury and Lingfield.

Of course it doesn't always work out form but signs are the race was ok and the races at Wolves and Warwick look pretty weak to me so here's hoping for the best if she does run.

I saw KAHLUA BEAR rack up a 4th last week, too. Songsheet, which horse of Kirsty's did you have at your farm for a break? Can't remember the name now. How's it doing?

That was ISLAND PEARL, Jon - I believe she's still at Sandley althoughI think she's now in foal.

Talking of which, would you telephone me please, Kirsty, about the mare? I've sent a couple of emails and a PM and have yet had a response from you. Thanks.

Given a stronger ride Teddy (Kahlua Bear) would have very nearly won at Goodwood - he ran a blinder.

I believe Island Pearl is in foal to Loup Sauvage.

14 runners in the Warwick race (it's a shame this race didn't cut up as the 6f race did),but we go for the 7f and it's a memorial race for Craig.
Fingers crossed she performs,would be great if she did well.

Yup, it's lovely that the race conditions suit Taj & very fitting that she should run. Wishing the syndicate the best of luck for what will surely be a very moving day - and of course, get that nose in front Taj!!

Good luck to the syndicate & Kirsty (even though I know she won't see this as her PC has died!!) and I'll be screaming Taj home!

The spotlight writers in the respective dailys are very dismissive of her chances which leads me to think they didn't watch her debut at Lingers.

I'm not saying she'll win or anything but she is not the no hoper they are making her out to be.

Didn't look to stay the 7f - she ran a good race & showed plenty of early speed though and she should surely have a race in her at 5f or 6f.

Again plenty of encouragement from todays run.
She was fading when struck into with a furlong to run and like SL says she should hopefully be up to winning a race over a shorter trip in due course.
She looked the likely winner with two to go.
Will put up a few more piccies later on.

Oh and well done to Trudi for winning best turned out with Davoski in the last.

A few piccies from yesterday.

In the pre parade

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Led round the paddock

DSC_0027.jpg

Liam Keniry

DSC_0034.jpg

Kirsty

DSC_0049.jpg

Returning after the race

DSC_0043.jpg