The 2000 Guineas (and beyond)

Craven Entries - thought Workforce might have been entered.

Black Snowflake (USA) 3.c
Critical Moment (USA) 3.c
Dancing David (IRE) 3.c
Dick Turpin (IRE) 3.c
Dubawi Phantom 3.c
Edinburgh Knight (IRE) 3.c
Elusive Pimpernel (USA) 3.c
Lucky General (IRE) 3.c
Markazzi 3.c
Meezaan (IRE) 3.c
Mont Agel 3.c
Morana (IRE) 3.c
Pleasant Day (IRE) 3.g

Sadly it didn't get through the proof reading stage, but at one stage Dick Turpin (USA)'s 1997 Racehorses entry stated 'held up: hung at York final start.'

Workforce is likely to go straight to the Guineas ( if he goes ) according to Grimthopre, he also said B.Hills is very bullish about the chances of Critical Moment.

Is Eddie Ahern banned next week or has he been jocked off Elusive Pimpernel ? Moore jocked up in the Post today .

A bit yeah chronic though looking forward to see EP again. Surprised the big two Hannon horses are both running in the Greenham.

Am I the only one a bit disappointed with the field for the Craven Stakes? ( Elusive Pimpernel apart.)

It's the same every year, though and surely because the Guineas come plenty early enough in the year, always will be!

I suppose most owners want to have as long as possible a racing season for their 3yos and kicking off in April doesn't exactly help that along...

Have not looked at him, but I would be interested in taking on EP first time out. Type of horse to improve with racing this seasonI would think.

Despite his breeding he looks like he needs further than a mile to me - could be done by something speedier.

Will Alhaarth's influence be enough to get Awzaan home? I dismissed SNA's as mostly sprinters but that was before I looked at the pedigrees.

Looking at the exchanges, it seems as though Dancing David won't be going for the 2000 which suggests to me he'll go to Longchamp for the Poulains which subsequently suggests Arcano will go to Newmarket.

Second guessing Brian Meehan isn't the funnest of games however.

The Craven looks ripe for a few each way bets against Elusive Pimpernel (11/10) with it being 7/1 the field at best prices, 3 places and nine runners. Anything worth opposing with?

With the could-be-absolutely-anything Bullwhip in there too. Fascinating race; been a while since there's been such a good Guineas trial.

Back