The 2000 Guineas (and beyond)

St Nic looks a million dollars on C4 just now.

When I saw him at The Curragh at the start of the season I thought physically he had done exceptionally well over the winter. Never going to be the biggest of horses but "all there" all the same.

Winning times for the first two races -

1.50.15 - 1m1f
2.32.34 - 1m4f

What does that tell us how the ground is riding?

I have laid SNA at 2.14 in the belief that the price is too short and that the Futurity doesn't throw up Guineas winner.Obviously I will try and guarantee a profit in running.

I have laid SNA at 2.14 in the belief that the price is too short and that the Futurity doesn't throw up Guineas winner.Obviously I will try and guarantee a profit in running.

I presume you mean the Beresford doesn't throw up Guineas winners - it did with Sea The Stars!

Really looking forward to this now.

The winning time clocked by Confront last year on good to firm was 1.50.17. Wouldn't read anything into the second race tme given the gallop but fair to think it's on the fast side of good.

Sorry I meant the Doncaster race hich was previously known as the Futurity.
John Magnier was at a funeral in Waterford on Thursday and when asked for a horse -Viscount Nelson each way was the reply.

Canford Cliffs wants 10f don't he !!

Really disappointed with Al Zir, not beat too far tbh and was squeezed when still in with a place chance, but I thought he was a lot better than that.

Looking at it again on RUK - St Nic definitely found it happening all too fast for him over a mile on that ground. EP actually beat him today - I didnt notice him at all in the race.

Wonder if Hughes if wishing he'd have ridden Canford Cliffs like he did in the Greenham. Might have settled better too.

Back