7 4 Noll Wallop(109) (TStack) WMLordan 9,00
8 13 Oasis Dancer (GB) (RMBeckett (in GB)) JamesCrowley 9,00
9 2 Purple Heart(94) (APO'Brien) . 9,00
10 10 Sebastian Flyte (GB)(107) (FEnnis) WJSupple 9,00
11 6 Steinbeck (APO'Brien) . 9,00
12 11 Viscount Nelson (USA)(108) (APO'Brien) .(B) 9,00
13 8 Xtension (CGCox (in GB)) AKirby 9,00

Looks a great race in prospect.

Does look good doesn't it. O’Brien fields six. I’m a fan of Steinbeck (and Fencing Master), but I guess I’ve got to stick with Canford, now that he’s running at his right trip.;)

Last edited:
This is gonna be a gruelling race and I just can't see Canford Cliffs having the stones for it. Fencing Master much more scope than the animals who finished in front of him at Newmarket and with AOB's record in the Irish Classics I consider Steinbeck the main danger.

Fencing Master has little over two lengths to make up on Canford Cliffs - and CC had the benefit of a run. FM looks the most solid to me with Steinbeck and Noll Wallop being the danger.

If they stick Dynasty out the back off a strong pace I could see him challenge for a place too. Xtension is too short as he was surely pretty cherry ripe for Newmarket.

What about Keredari? Good enough to make an impact? More I look at this race the better it looks.

This is gonna be a gruelling race and I just can't see Canford Cliffs having the stones for it. Fencing Master much more scope than the animals who finished in front of him at Newmarket and with AOB's record in the Irish Classics I consider Steinbeck the main danger.

I'd love to see Steinbeck win, but without a run under his belt perhaps he'll be the one without the stones. Fencing Master should come on and probably rates the danger to Canford The Great.

Nice. Each way isn't my thing in these sort of races but how does FM finish outside the first three? Not gonna happen.

He may well finish in the first three, but wouldn't even be in most people's top 3 - Canford Cliffs and Xtension should finish in front of him, and Steinbeck by virtue of what Ballydoyle think. There are several others with realistic chances of a place.

He may well finish in the first three, but wouldn't even be in most people's top 3 - Canford Cliffs and Xtension should finish in front of him, and Steinbeck by virtue of what Ballydoyle think. There are several others with realistic chances of a place.

I would be really surprised if Fencing Master did not improve past Xtension and possibly Canford Cliffs. That would be on fitness alone before even thinking that this is going to be his fourth career start after making such a late start as a two year old.

Listening to O'Brien on Get On - the impression he gave was very much that Steinbeck will come on alot for this. I couldnt back him after listening to that....seemed pretty positive on FM. The interview is on ATR website right now.

If they go a strong gallop at least Canford will likely settle better from the start. He used up a lot of energy at the start in Newmarket by being too free. The fact that he still managed to finish third is what impressed me most. So, as with Fencing Master, I think he can improve further. I don't think improving two lengths will be enough for FM to beat him though.

If they go a strong gallop at least Canford will likely settle better from the start. He used up a lot of energy at the start in Newmarket by being too free. The fact that he still managed to finish third is what impressed me most. So, as with Fencing Master, I think he can improve further. I don't think improving two lengths will be enough for FM to beat him though.

Canford Cliffs refuses to settle over 6 furlongs - let alone a mile.

CC settled OK in the Coventry and Morny. Even Ballydoyle were complaining about the pace at Newmarket and it was the first time they tried to settle CC behind horses.

Back