The 2014 Punchestown Festival

I have backed Fingal Bay. Like Luke, I don't like the Curtis horse, I don't think there will be enough rain for Bog Warrior or RDS, so his price relative to the favourite looks good.

Bear in mind, I have never backed Quevega, so I want to be proven right at least once.

Just the one bet for me today , that Felix Younger , managed to get a good chunk on with B365 @ 8/1 e/way 1/4 123. Ground and distance will suit .

I think the best bet of the day is an each way double at 1/4 odds with Ladbrokes, Felix Yonger at 7s and At Fishers Cross at 4s. Place double pays over 9/2.

Last edited:
You'd think they'd know not to let Davy have that much rope. Such a shame for the mare.

Anyone heard anything about Hidden Cyclone? Tom George mentioned that the one that Module had stood on had been badly injured?

Nx

It's a bit straw-man, but Celestial Prospects chances look somewhat brighter in the 3m handicap hurdle, after Jetson's run today.

Even if the form of the World Series hurdle isn't entirely bullet-proof, CP races from a mark of 129 here, and could theoretically have some up his sleeve, as he is lightly-raced and pretty unexposed over obstacles.

At 50/9 in the Win/Places markets, I've had a roll of the dice.

For the Arkle at Cheltenham my long term AP bets were Champagne Fever and Balder Succes. Backed Balder at Aintree. Am a long term Fever fan. Heart says Fever, brain says Balder. Small bet it is. Fever

how does JETSON and GODS OWN beat all them top horses, the form of these horses is very poor compared to the class animals in the races. Looks like the fatcats have cleaned up again and will be having a good laugh at the punters again. scandalous

Back