The 2014 World Hurdle

Got a note in front of me saying 'Monksland, one run Leopardstown then World Hurdle [any ground]'.What would the Leopardstown bit mean and has he missed that now? [apologies for needing other people to make sense of my own notes] Oh; I see; Christmas Hurdle [didn't run]. Doesn't sound promising. Bog Warrior got Gold Cup entry. Sounds a bit optimistic [?]. Not trained by Clive Brittain is he....

Would have been the three mile at Leop. Could yet run in Galmoy or Red Mills.

Gigi are obsessed with winning the GC. Soft ground GC on back of a decent prep, he probably wouldn't be disgraced.

Hadn't realised he'd been a novice chaser [older than I thought]. Fell a few times, though [but beat Flemenstar].

So is the 'entries' bit on the racing post profile only 'probable' then? Money going on Monksland and Bog warrior on the exchanges at the moment [not me; haven't got an account].

im on a treble figure odds, bit wierd i started posting about bog warrior a few days before such release of his news article

Last edited:
So is the 'entries' bit on the racing post profile only 'probable' then? Money going on Monksland and Bog warrior on the exchanges at the moment [not me; haven't got an account].

I think so Moe yes. Strange that they bother with this imo :confused:

No recent word on Monksland

He’s back in full work and Meade is hoping to get a race into him before the spring meetings/festivals: ‘There are plenty of races for him to run in, but we have to get him back on track before we think about where he might go’.

Such a shame for the horse and connections. Just can't stay sound. Annie power will surely run now in this race.

I fancy every horse in the race apart from the McManus yoke..which must mean im going to end up backing the McManus yoke.

I fancy every horse in the race apart from the McManus yoke..which must mean im going to end up backing the McManus yoke.

More of That ? I am doubtful if he will run or whether it is his trip - he is a full brother to Eastlake.

When big bucks thunders home in his prep then goes on to destroy what ever field turns up in the world hurdle in march we'll all wonder why we wasted all this time on the other horses.. If he retains 80% of his ability I think he wins it ..

Retaining 80% of ability is no good for any horse at the business end of a race at this level. Retaining 80% of ability would see him finishing well down the field.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree more there Steve, when your 18/18 and most at the top level you are by far superior ability wise to anything on the planet. There is nothing in the WH betting that comes close to BB in his prime, I'd of thought 80% would see him win and win well...

Sam TD has the Big Bucks ride for the Cleeve and World Hurdle. Stable no.1 must be mighty pissed off with that!

Back