163 g

Rule The World
166+

Salubrious

Zarkandar
163t

Annie Power
169p t g?

Fascinating race, not sure the winner is going to post an outstanding performance.
At Fishers Cross , jumping problems and ground not to suit, surprised McCoy on him, place lay.
Big Bucks, top class hurdler, with amazing winning record, has been dominating the division in recent years, out for a year after being injured, age not on his side but didn’t run badly first time out after a year off, giving weight and travelling like the best horse in the cleeve Hurdle, celestial Halo will be use to ensure a good pace to suit him, not sure the ground would be ideal after the injury, I don’t see him winning but can run well.
Celestial Halo, good in his own right but will be used as pacemaker
More Of That, unbeaten in 4 races, course form and ground not a problem, a big negative McCoy has not chosen him , BG a good deputy and stamina to prove but if he stays , he has a chance.
Reve De Sivola, needs softer ground and smaller field.
Rule The World, impressive in Ireland last year and didn’t run badly in the Festival when beaten by The New One in a slowly run race that has worked very well. Had an injury and was surprising to see him running so early in the season, Trainer very shrew and very likely this has been his target, improving in all his runs this season and likely to stay, interesting oen with a good chance tomorrow.
Salubrious, Festival winner, has to improve to be placed here.
Zarkandar, Festival winner, always looked like one for longer distances but looks out of love with the game and has to improve on form, deserted by Jacobs, bad chance.
Annie Power, surprising runner, Ruby ordering Mullins to run here, I think she is a very good mare but I don’t rate her as highly as commercial firms. I don’t think this was the plan and is difficult to rate because I am not sure of the actual level of Zarkandar, not sure either about the ground and at the prices I think she is a place lay. She should have run in the Mares race.

If the ground was genuinely soft I would be inclined to agree but I just think she will run her own race and get it standing on her head.I think we were impressed by faugheen today,be prepared to be blown away tomorrow.

I think you are putting too much emphasis on Ruby being a dominating figure to a cowardly Mullins.

Mullins knows what he is at. A master of his trade and placing his horses.

The biggest mistake he made was ruining UDS novice status for this season

i highly doubt ruby "ordered" mullins to run here. ricci simply wanted him on her and knew he wouldn't get that in the champion. whether it's the right decision to go here we'll see tomorrow.

have far more of a problem with UDS being left out of the champion than her. and even then i can see why they did it.

The way the price is shortening on Annie she will be odds on by tomorrow afternoon.I don't see anything else other than her winning but there's an each way to nothing play on BB here.

Help me out here, any Breeding line experts out there........

Is Annie Power related to Red Sherlock? Same Sire or Dam ?

Because Red Sherlock did not handle the faster pace on quicker ground today!

Help me out here, any Breeding line experts out there........

Is Annie Power related to Red Sherlock? Same Sire or Dam ?

Because Red Sherlock did not handle the faster pace on quicker ground today!

Same sire. Has produced decent flat winners on gd ground. Brown Panther the best example.

She will need to be as good on quick ground and stay - I think she may well not stay - her price of 11-8 is absurd whether she wins or not .

Last edited:
She will need to be as good on quick ground and stay - I think she may well not stay - her price of 11-8 is absurd whether she wins or not .

This is the Conclusion I have come to also Adross...

I just can't back Annie Power. Never gone on the ground or even tried the trip before. In the wrong race, was kept away from The Fly in the Champ Hurdle and it backfired. Annie Power has same sire as Red Sherlock who today did not like or handle the faster pace on the quicker ground. Big Bucks might well be too old and Annie Power a Superstar, but I'm not willing to take the short price to find out. Nicholls has 4 runners in the race and is effectively going to have a relay team to try and undo Annie Power. This frenetic pace will really test if Annie Power will stay.

Also I thought Sam TD gave TNO a wonderful ride the other day after being hampered, showing composure and poise and I think he is due a winner, as is Nicholls. Nicholls horses (Other than Irving) have been running quite well and he has been unlucky a few times, no more so than with Katgary today!! At the prices I'm willing to take my chances with Big Bucks. Most likely heart has got the better of head here, but that's where I'm at......

The World hurdle usually disappoints time wise because the jocks respect the course.

I think we may get a near grade 1 time today purely on the grounds that Nicholls will want to eek out any frailty stamina wise that Annie may well posess.

I would be interested in your thoughts on this EC 1

Last edited:
Me too. My week hinges on her and Briar Hill.

I'm expecting a big performance; confidence seems very high.

The World hurdle usually disappoints time wise because the jocks respect the course.

I think we may get a near grade 1 time today purely on the grounds that Nicholls will want to eek out any frailty stamina wise that Annie may well posess.

I would be interested in your thoughts on this EC 1

its usually slowly run..but Nicholls will let CH make it a proper test..its the only chink he may think he has with AP.

On breeding i think AP will get the trip with no problem...in fact a strong pace will suit her...so unless BB is better than ever i can't see him beating AP

She looks too speedy to be a 3 miler to me.

She may well win on the bridle but I'm backing At Fishers Cross and Rule the World each way.

Back