The 2016 Punchestown Festival

Vautour did not flop he is not a 2 miler certainly not right handed meanwhile another victim of Sprinter Sacre wins again - terrific from Simonsig in third .Special Tiara did too much .

Last edited:
Gods Own is the perfect late spring horse. Im wondering if we have seen the best of one or two of Mullins. Always dangerous to judge on a late season run but am i alone in thinking that his record is better with horses at start of careers rather than latter? Couple of clear exceptions of course but there always is

Vautour could be another Native Upmanship imperious over 2m 4f and not so good over shorter or longer . I should like to see them bring him over god the Betfair Chase 3 miles left handed .

Or perhaps the Charlie Hall which will give a little more time to pan out the rest of the season.

Did Simonsig ew last night, got home just in time to watch the race. Just realised the twats pulled Flemenstar out meaning only 7 runners!

Paddy power gold cup/ Ryanair is his future

Vautour in no mans land now, not a champion chaser nor gold cup winner

The Ryanair means that unlike in the days of Native Upmanship there no longer is a no mans land at the Festival.

If it was too short which was always a danger what on earth was Ruby doing?

He's got a tome of horse under him and he sits and sits and sit and tries to outsprint proper 2 milers.

Absolutely shocking ride. Common sense says he should have been flat out from 3 out and would have outstayed them.

I agree with Truncheon and thinkhe won't be causing any ripples in any markets bar the Ryanair.

Great run from Simonsig and he could be challenging Vautour for the Ryanair next season

He's got a tome of horse under him and he sits and sits and sit and tries to outsprint proper 2 milers.

Absolutely shocking ride. Common sense says he should have been flat out from 3 out and would have outstayed them.

I agree with Truncheon and thinkhe won't be causing any ripples in any markets bar the Ryanair.

Great run from Simonsig and he could be challenging Vautour for the Ryanair next season

So, they should ruin one of the best chasers we have seen in years by flogging him to death over an inadequate trip?

Last edited:

The race was set up perfectly for him he closed up Special tiara off the turn and just failed to quicken . Ruby reported he was a bit flat and not having a cut at his fences . A mixture of too short a trip and going the wrong way round st the end of a long season . I suspect had he been ridden as Tanlic suggested he would have been out of the frame or on the floor.

Vautour could end up a decent price at the off some day soon at this rate.

i'll be needing one away from cheltenham. mentioned it after the king george and all evidence keeps pointing to him being 10 pounds below away from that track, for whatever reason.

Back