The 2016 Punchestown Festival

If history has taught us anything, it is that there is absolutely no point in trying to second-guess connections intentions, when it comes to Vautour.

They can do whatever they like at Punchestown, but anything other than a campaign geared towards next season's Gold Cup, would be poofing-out of the highest order, as far as I'm concerned. Connections need a good fu*cking shake, and maybe a couple of dull slaps, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Timeform had this to say about Zabana
Has the ability to take a hand if his jumping holds up (unseated early at Cheltenham)

Wtf did jumping have to do with that unseating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presumably you told your missus what you were having for tea over and over again and then made a last minute change after it was cooked Bear. :D

Whereas grassy did the same thing, but had prepared a little side dish just in case his missus didn't fancy it. :whistle:

Zabana's price is way too short imo. Likeable horse, and has his chance, but should be twice the price on what he's shown.

Timeform had this to say about Zabana
Has the ability to take a hand if his jumping holds up (unseated early at Cheltenham)

Wtf did jumping have to do with that unseating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TF have revised this today

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...rkhill-can-give-me-perfect-return-395075.html

Ruby previews today's action.

He also has a word to say about Willy's fine at Sandown but I can't agree with him. People forget it's not only people who backed VVM whose noses were put out of joint but also those who wanted to take her on. And her withdrawal robbed the race she was in of much of its interest as a spectacle.

I'm in the opposite corner myself. It was an exceptional set of circumstances. He sent 10 horses over to try and win the trainers championship, adding huge excitement to the days racing for the public. The Thistlecrack news broke that morning. When Nicholls had sealed the Championship what was the point in running her given that Punchestown was a few days away? I know if I owned the horse I'd be fairly p****d off if Willie then decided, na we'll run her here. Otherwise it will ruin the race as a spectacle.

Last edited:
Whether it was a correct decision or not (and that's all down to opinion) I'm fairly ambivalent towards it, but either way I am so ******* bored with the whole "who will run where" dilemmas I'm actually looking foward to Sunday so we can have a break until it starts all over again next January.

Whether it was a correct decision or not (and that's all down to opinion) I'm fairly ambivalent towards it, but either way I am so ******* bored with the whole "who will run where" dilemmas I'm actually looking foward to Sunday so we can have a break until it starts all over again next January.

Precisely, it's bad enough waiting till the day before without having to cope with further changes of plan made at the last minute.

Not an excuse for Yorkhill but did anyone think Ruby was a bit at sixes and sevens there?. Maybe my imagination but he looked to be uncomfortable

Horse never seemed to be travelling to me. For one that can be so keen he was very calm through the 1st half of the race.

Yorkhill plainly over the top and considering how he lit up he was at Aintree I suspect that took a great deal out of him and I was surprised they ran him .

Back