The 2017 Grand National

Speaking to a bloke in work who used to be involved with one of Trevor Hemmings companies a few years ago.
Reckons 'Vicente' has been bought for next years national rather than this one.
I don't know too much about the horse but he seemed very knowledgeable about racing in general.

Won the Scottish National last season after being sixth in the 4m chase at The Festival. Formerly owned by John Hales in partnership with Ian Fogg and seems a strange decision to sell if Nicholls thinks he has a good chance whether it be this year or next.

Was bang there in that hot 4m chase at Cheltenham until jumping into the back of a loose horse at the 3rd (?) last. Ran on again well to overhaul Vieux Lion Rouge but the horses that filled the frame had already got away from him.

We've seen in recent years that you shouldn't ignore decent form from the other Nationals; e.g. Rule The World and Auroras Encore.

Been badly out of from this season but this is a unique challenge and he wouldn't be the first horse to bounce back to form when presented with it. There's worse 25/1 chances in the race.

Vicente (I've done his rating but not checked over his form profile) might be another who needs better ground than he's had so far this season...I'm conscious of having him down as a non-trier a few times this season.

I think ballynagour is over priced at 66/1 and really fancy him to out run those odds. Not many people like him but I have had a good bet NRNB and will go in again if he drifts on the day.

Reasons for backing him- His form before march is terrible every year, he always comes good around march time running well at both Cheltenham and aintree.

In last years race he was making good progress from the back when unseating at the 19th. He is now 9pound lower this year running under 11 stone. The good ground will help him and 66/1 is to big for horse that lost be a nose in the grade 1 aintree bowl. Admittingly his current form is crap, but I will take the risk at 66/1 and hope he will improve for the spring and good ground like the previous years. With regards to stamina I think he has been strong in his 3m plus finishes and think he will get the trip. The Handicapper has given him a chance and I think 16/1 is value.

It will be interesting to see who is booked to ride him. I hope the pipe stable hits some form and they book James reverly

I was at Warwick when One For Arthur won, was very impressed so backed it the next day
Will back Hunters Lodge and Blaklion if Twister shows any sign of form after his terrible festival

Im going for the first time this year, am I likely to see f..k all??

This one has just been sold to the lady who bought Party Politics just before he won the National and will be ridden by Sean Bowen
Owner has purchased Highland Lodge as well In other news Geraghty booked for More Of That and Ruby thinks he will be on Pleasant Company

Back