The 2022 Dublin Racng Festival

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Advanced going report

The ground is yielding, good to yielding in places (Chase) & yielding (Hurdle and Bumper). Remaining largely settled, dry and overcast over the next week. Continued watering on Chase course.

Taken from my office, 2KM from the track. The sky has been like this for weeks. Played golf yesterday in shirt sleeves. This meeting falls apart without extensive watering, in my opinion.

leop.jpg

Could this be Melon's race this year ?. He has been running well and W P Mullins would love him to win a big one

This meeting looks fantastic and could end up turning a lot of the Cheltenham Festival betting on it's head

Last edited:
They probably won't but the ground will need some water for sure

Cut up fields for these 2 days would be a shame as would low lying sun.

Omitted fences and hurdles are a real reason why we should care more for the environment and go back to wet winters

Clan Des Obeaux will skip the Irish Gold Cup this weekend and will run in the Grade 2 Denman Chase at Newbury.

No surprise really. I never liked the horse personally and I get the feeling he's going to go downhill from now on in.

Be interesting if Appreciate it turns up considering Ruby said the other day re the Champion Hurdle the problem they have his getting him there

Melon is till by number one choice for the meeting...don't ask me why it's just a feeling in my bones this will be his day.

The match between Vauban and Fil D'or while interesting looks easier solvible than it looks IMO
Vauban's 2nd to Pied Piper may not be what it looks like on paper. Pied Piper improved beyond all recocnition at Cheltenham
Fil DOr looks a classier individual to me and should upset the fav with ease.

Someone needs to tell Skybet Ferny Hollow is out for the season which is a real bummer

The lack of support for this meeting from across the water is mind boggling.Gawd knows they have a fair share of decent horses and there a lack of good races for them between now and March

The ground @LeopardstownRC (Sat & Sun) remains yielding (watering continues). Mild & overcast through Tuesday & Wednesday. Light showers on Thursday, brighter day on Friday & overcast over the weekend with chance of showers overnight into Sunday.

Surprised to see American Mike not running in the bumper; I guess the Morans care more about Cheltenham but it must be nice to be able to turn down a shot at the good prize money available at the DRF.

I was at the course (gym) earlier. They were watering the bend after the stands. I am not an expert in H2O, but I'd be tempted to use the word 'copiously' to describe it.

Last edited:
Back