The 2022 Dublin Racng Festival

Unfortunately, I can't make it this year. I will be spending two afternoons fighting with a three year old and a seven year old for possession of the remote control.

Thankfully I am not talking through my pocket unless you think a tenner is alot, but how can Mullins be trusted?........he said only a few days ago he would run Asterion Forlonge Melon and Kemboy.....No Melon:(

Last edited:
Our Cheltenham group is decamping to Leopardstown for the weekend although I have to travel back on Saturday night.

Hopefully both Captain Kangaroo and Kemboy will perform with credit.

I have my doubts Gaz, Apart from the fact he's not there yet and even if he does turn up he is unlikely to be 100% fit.
Ruby was casring doubt about him even kaning it to the Champion Hurdle the other day

All that aside despite looking like a machine and winning by 20 lengths he was flattered big time and was actually 12 lengths plus slower than Honeysuckle from 3 out at last years festival.

The only danger I can see to Honeysuckle is if she under-performs or topples over Gawd forbid

At what price does Minella indo become a big bet?

You could ask the same of Asterion Forlonge if he stands up

I am probably one of the few who thought he had plenty running in him and would have gooten close to the winner tham most people think in the KG.

We may have seen the best of Frodon his front running types one they go never bound back

Kemboy is consistant but has won only once in 10 starts,

Your fella hasn't managed to shine since winning the Gold Cup but is an obius danger if bouncing back.

But I'll have my few bob on The Tumbler and hope he stands up this time

Not a Leopardstown horse and this race is just a Cheltenham (where he still has every chance) prep. Place lay for me.

I tend to think he is either a busted flush or will win this

I can forgive fto and kempton was lambs to the slaughter

There will come a price on Saturday when it might be too good to ignore

The race looks set up for Minella on Saturday with Kemboy and Frodon keeping one another honest at the front-end.

Rachel can ride her race instead of worrying about either get away on her as she has done in the past.

Can't have the track being an issue. He's only ever run twice at the course and fell early on in one!

I'd stick to your guns on Saturday granger.

Last edited:
Not many would have agreed with you Granger before the race that Minella Indo was lambs to the slaughter he went of at 0/30 so someone fancied him.

I don't think Kempton was the problem I think the horse is the problem

He's had a tough old time of it in the RSA, losing to Frodon, a bad loss in the Irish Gold Cup, a major battle in the Gold Cup and a complete flop at Kempton.

At some point enough is enough and I reckon FWIW he's reached that point and we'll never see him at his best again.

Bold statement perhaps but he's with a top class trainer but has shown no signs of putting up a first class performance

Last edited:
He’s been declared, FWIW.

Frodon is a terrible price IMO. He’s surely to be taken on up front and while Kemboy could have a hand in that I’ve a feeling Cilaos Emery has been left in to serve it up to him on the lead.

If you take the view that Minella Indo underperforms here, Jandili doesn’t see out a truly run 3 miles and Conflated is out of his depth then it’s between Kemboy & Asterion Forlonge and while the latter has also seemed better going right handed and doesn’t inspire 100% confidence in the jumping department he’d be my pick at the prices were the dead eight e/w terms likely to hold up (I’d expect at least one defector due to ground) at 5/1+

But e/w betting on a horse that’s failed to stand up on his past two runs would make Kemboy the obvious one for win bet purposes as long as he doesn’t do too much up front, too soon alongside Frodon & Cilaos Emery.

I’ll probably end up taking the chance on Asterion Forlonge’s jumping but may take up the 40/1 about him winning this and the Gold Cup because if he does win then he’ll be sub 10/1 for March.

The race looks set up for Minella on Saturday with Kemboy and Frodon keeping one another honest at the front-end.

Rachel can ride her race instead of worrying about either get away on her as she has done in the past.

Can't have the track being an issue. He's only ever run twice at the course and fell early on in one!

I'd stick to your guns on Saturday granger.
Robbie Power declared to ride.

Horse won't run.

Surely he has to run. This is perhaps his last chance to get back on course for the Gold Cup.

His trainer must be a worried man as he gave no indication he would run so badly at Kempton so he must have been really disappointed.

I think he'd be crazy not to take an opportunity to try and find out what he has been running so badly.

He wan in October and Novemeber last season so no one will convince me there's something not right with him.

It's not like it's Jonjo training him for the big day aren't HDB's usually always trying their best?

Back