The 2022 'Should be odds-on' Thread

On ORs she is 1lb inferior to Dreamloper and only has 3lbs over the next one. As I said on the Goodwood thread, I'm not convinced Dreamloper is a 115 horse and I fancy Nashwa to win but I wouldn't be taking 5/4 myself unless it's a freebie.

On ORs she is 1lb inferior to Dreamloper and only has 3lbs over the next one. As I said on the Goodwood thread, I'm not convinced Dreamloper is a 115 horse and I fancy Nashwa to win but I wouldn't be taking 5/4 myself unless it's a freebie.

If Dreamloper’s is right then 12/1 Ville de Grace sounds pretty good since she only got nutted by her on the post.

If Dreamloper’s is right then 12/1 Ville de Grace sounds pretty good since she only got nutted by her on the post.

The 115 was in the following race, the G1 in France. If it can be taken at face value then I'd be inclined to trust the form of an all-age G1 over a 3yo G1, such as Nashwa's. But I don't like fillies-only races anyway so prefer not to bet on it.

Another winner for the thread in Nashwa. Shout, Truncheon.

I'm going down the football route for the next one and it's a long-term heavy bet.

Scottish Premiership top scorer - Kyogo Furuhashi (4/1) and Giorgios Giakoumakis (5/1) dutch at 7/4. I think that is massive. I reckon they will be first and second in the charts, miles clear of the rest. I just don't know which will score the most but I do reckon both with score at least 20. 13 was enough to win it last year but that was an outlier. It usually takes closer to 20 and in a good year a real striker will get closer to 30. Both these guys have that kind of figure in them.

Personally I fancy Giako to emerge top because his conversion rate is higher. He only played a third of the season last time and ended up joint top. Kyogo missed half the season (20 matches, from memory) and was only one goal behind. They will replace each other in lot of matches and I hope at some point Ange experiments with playing both of them. But Kyogo is tending to start while Giako catches up on pre-season having missed a couple of weeks due to paternity leave.

Yesterday Kyogo could/should have scored at least two and was thwarted by last gasp challenges on another two occasions in the 60 minutes he played. Giako came on for him for the final half hour and spurned two good chances, one a sitter for him. I'm happy to put that down to rustiness. On another day they will get four or five goals between them.

I'm really confident about this bet but last season showed what bad luck with injuries can do. Injuries are the only thing that will stop this from winning.

Another winner for the thread in Nashwa. Shout, Truncheon.

I'm going down the football route for the next one and it's a long-term heavy bet.

Scottish Premiership top scorer - Kyogo Furuhashi (4/1) and Giorgios Giakoumakis (5/1) dutch at 7/4. I think that is massive. I reckon they will be first and second in the charts, miles clear of the rest. I just don't know which will score the most but I do reckon both with score at least 20. 13 was enough to win it last year but that was an outlier. It usually takes closer to 20 and in a good year a real striker will get closer to 30. Both these guys have that kind of figure in them.

Personally I fancy Giako to emerge top because his conversion rate is higher. He only played a third of the season last time and ended up joint top. Kyogo missed half the season (20 matches, from memory) and was only one goal behind. They will replace each other in lot of matches and I hope at some point Ange experiments with playing both of them. But Kyogo is tending to start while Giako catches up on pre-season having missed a couple of weeks due to paternity leave.

Yesterday Kyogo could/should have scored at least two and was thwarted by last gasp challenges on another two occasions in the 60 minutes he played. Giako came on for him for the final half hour and spurned two good chances, one a sitter for him. I'm happy to put that down to rustiness. On another day they will get four or five goals between them.

I'm really confident about this bet but last season showed what bad luck with injuries can do. Injuries are the only thing that will stop this from winning.

I'm a fan, but I wouldn't have the balls to put either of them in the 'should be odds on' thread Maurice! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Normally with football betting I'm a bit of a eunuch but as Richard Baerlein once put it...

Not "either", Maruco, both together. Easy money. Just a matter of waiting to pick it up.

I can't find it now but I read an article just after the last season finished, in which it extrapolated their goals per minutes played across a 38-game season (bearing in mind that their minutes played included the five post-split matches, therefore the five most difficult ones) and both came out in the mid-high twenties.

Don't be surprised if Celtic score 100 goals in the league. They got 92 last season when both these guys missed huge chunks of it and we're a better side now than in the first half of last season.

It's a good time to be a fan.

Last edited:
Back to the racing...

Friday, Lonsdale Cup - Trueshan 9/4 - I'm still not convinced by Strad's Goodwood run and the times today are pointing to slower ground than declared, according to Simon Rowlands, so there has to be a chance Trueshan will be much more able to show his true élan. He's 6lbs clear on ORs. That would equate to five lengths at the trip. I'll settle for four :).

Scottish Premiership top scorer - Kyogo Furuhashi (4/1) and Giorgios Giakoumakis (5/1) dutch at 7/4. I think that is massive. I reckon they will be first and second in the charts, miles clear of the rest.

Kyogo himself is now 1/2 to be top scorer. I might think about cashing out his side of the bet.

Last edited:
Paris Dixie isn't easy to win with but her trainer Anthony Honeyball has found a race very quickly after she won the other day.

I recon she should be a 4/6 shot to take what looks like a truly desperate affair in the 7.25pm

Back