The 2022 'Should be odds-on' Thread

Agree. I think Nicholls has Aintree as his Cheltenham and Pic D’Orhy as his star performer. Here’s what he says:

Pic D’Orhy (SSS Super Alloys Manifesto Novices’ Chase)

“One I’m really looking forward to seeing is Pic D’Orhy. All season we have had this race in mind for him on a flat track.
“We were never going to go to Cheltenham. In hindsight, we shouldn’t have gone to Sandown and instead run Bravemansgame there.
“He is exciting. He loves a flat track and loves nice ground so he won’t want it too soft. The time before at Sandown was soft enough and that is a stiff old track for him. However, it was L’Homme Presse he got beaten by. He was much better back on a flat track at Kempton.
“He is in good shape and hopefully he has got a nice chance. I’d say last time was his best performance over fences, but had he stood up at Newbury earlier in the season I would have said that might have been his best as he was going to bolt up that day.”

Uneasy in the betting since it opened, is Pic D'Orhy.......was as short as 2/1 earlier in the week, and now 11/4

I`m about 5 miles from the course and today has been a cold and windy day with similar expected tomorrow....perfect drying conditions. Don`t expect it`ll be soft tomorrow.

On my Pointing Forum we are running a Hunter Chase competition throughout the season. So far not one person (two thirds have already posted selections) has selected Jett.

What I'd like to know Jinny is how does a horse that finished 8th in last years national able to run in a hunter chase.

Who's the most popular selection?

Late Night Pass so far. A few are keen on Cousin Pascal as the trainer goes on there a fair bit....and he’s been quiet recently which means he fancies it again.
I have gone for Porlock Bay obviously! Out of loyalty and he has an infection when getting beaten last time. He should jump round OK.

I guess Jett is qualified to run under the conditions but from what I gather it’s been a rushed prep for him. His jockey is second to none around Aintree but his price might be based on that. (He’ll now win by thirty lengths! :lol:)

You can check out the posts. It’s Jumping For Fun and go to the forum. I think it’s readable without being a member. Some good judges on there.

From the race conditions:

For 6yo+ which are allotted a rating of 100 or more and which, after October 2019, and before March 22nd, 2022, have finished first, second or third in a hunters' chase on two occasions or have finished first, second or third in a hunters' chase on one occasion and have won either another chase (hunters' chases included) or, during the current point-to-point season, an open point-to-point chase. Horses which are not qualified for a rating in GB, Ireland or France may also be entered. Such horses may be eligible provided the handicapper is satisfied the horse would merit a minimum rating of 100

That’s why it’s felt Jett has had a rushed prep. He won a really poor Hunter Chase at Kelso but then got beaten next time when he really should have won but he got his qualification.

Latenightpass for win purposes for me, but there's usually something that runs in to a place at a huge price, and the one I like is Demain Des L'Auben 100/1 6 places.

Late Night Pass so far. A few are keen on Cousin Pascal as the trainer goes on there a fair bit....and he’s been quiet recently which means he fancies it again.
I have gone for Porlock Bay obviously! Out of loyalty and he has an infection when getting beaten last time. He should jump round OK.

I guess Jett is qualified to run under the conditions but from what I gather it’s been a rushed prep for him. His jockey is second to none around Aintree but his price might be based on that. (He’ll now win by thirty lengths! :lol:)

You can check out the posts. It’s Jumping For Fun and go to the forum. I think it’s readable without being a member. Some good judges on there.

They were right. Well done .

Indeed! We’re not all jus country bumpkins!

Cracking ride by Gina....she’s the Rachel of the Pointing world.

Porlock ran a huge race too. Will dropped his whip turning for home but it wouldn’t have made any difference. The horse didn’t take to the fences early enough. But they will be delighted. Foxhunters winner at Cheltenham and now placed at Aintree...a superstar for them.

Back