The 2022 'Should be odds-on' Thread

I thought hunter chases were for horses that were past their best and for ptp horses trained by them.
Not a 6yr old trained professionally.

Good call T.easy money.

Charlie Deutsch doesnt look brilliant but it doesnt stop him winning.

Thursday, Aintree 1.45 - Pic D'Orhy 5/2 - I genuinely believe this is a very serious novice and has been trained for this race since falling at Newbury in the autumn. I really think they'll let him rip and see what he can do.

Thursday, Aintree 1.45 - Pic D'Orhy 5/2 - I genuinely believe this is a very serious novice and has been trained for this race since falling at Newbury in the autumn. I really think they'll let him rip and see what he can do.

Agree. I think Nicholls has Aintree as his Cheltenham and Pic D’Orhy as his star performer. Here’s what he says:

Pic D’Orhy (SSS Super Alloys Manifesto Novices’ Chase)

“One I’m really looking forward to seeing is Pic D’Orhy. All season we have had this race in mind for him on a flat track.
“We were never going to go to Cheltenham. In hindsight, we shouldn’t have gone to Sandown and instead run Bravemansgame there.
“He is exciting. He loves a flat track and loves nice ground so he won’t want it too soft. The time before at Sandown was soft enough and that is a stiff old track for him. However, it was L’Homme Presse he got beaten by. He was much better back on a flat track at Kempton.
“He is in good shape and hopefully he has got a nice chance. I’d say last time was his best performance over fences, but had he stood up at Newbury earlier in the season I would have said that might have been his best as he was going to bolt up that day.”

Last edited:
I agree it's a strong-looking favourite, Outsider, and most likely winner, but odds-on over the Aintree fences?

The way it jumped and was well clear in the national last year but I know what you mean.
I'm sure to put the kibosh on it.
Done it in an ew dble with yours.

Back