The 2022 'Should be odds-on' Thread

Newmarket 4.10 - Tadreeb (4/1) and Able Kane (7/2) dutch at better than evens.

I reckon each is at least a point too long, especially the latter. I reckon dutching at about 4/6 would be about right.

Helluva call if it wins, Slim.

Can't follow you in at the prices in a race like that even though he is on my short list.

I've taken Hybery (40/1, 6pl, but suspect it's prepping for Punchestown) and a bigger bet on Hearts Are Trumps (18/1), now lower than when winning the race last year.

Last edited:
The horse disgraced itself. I can't believe how bad that has run. Was never jumpimg or travelling.

Wednesday, Punchestown 5.20 - The Nice Guy 5/2 - very taking in the Albert Bartlett and arguably the most progressive in the field. I think there's more chance of him winning than not winning, so fractionally odds-on in my book.

(The thread has gone off the rails lately. Hopefully we can get it back in profit soon.)

Last edited:
I'm strong on Minella Cocooner as a chaser and he ran well in the AB but he was big at a lot of the hurdles and was keen as well. That and Ginto coming to grief means it may not have taken a whole lot of winning and so I have to disagree with TNG as an odds on shot. Like you Dessie I try not to get too heavily involved at this meeting and my main bet of the week is a Journey with Me/Galvin ew double. The former will appreciate this step up in trip and the lead he'll receive.

Wednesday, Punchestown 5.20 - The Nice Guy 5/2 - very taking in the Albert Bartlett and arguably the most progressive in the field. I think there's more chance of him winning than not winning, so fractionally odds-on in my book.

(The thread has gone off the rails lately. Hopefully we can get it back in profit soon.)

I can't say it won like an odds-on shot so Euro was right in that respect but it won and did the thread a wee favour. I was already committed to a heavy bet at 5/2 on Monday so pleased to have beaten the sp.

(I just need Allaho now for that 9/1 double.)

If I say De Bromhead doesn't give two ******* shits about training anything other than Honeysuckle am I right? That was dosgsh1t from Journey with Me. Every year I get suckered into betting this gaff track Festival

Willie reported that Bryan Cooper said that it was as quick as any Gold Cup. Mullins had planned that Kemboy and Al Boum Photo would jump out.

Every year I get suckered into betting this gaff track Festival

Punchestown and punting horses more generally is like a punter who sometimes spends his adult life playing his bookie with a RPT percentage of 86 percent for a roulette game that was made to be 96 percent.

You just cannot ******* win but you keep going back for more..maybe a free £2 bet awaits but surprise surprise you still just cannot ******* win with that £2 either..

Get back to the anti post flat thread fella. You are good at that.

This life is a sham until those bookies knock us back to our prams....

Last edited:
If I say De Bromhead doesn't give two ******* shits about training anything other than Honeysuckle am I right? That was dosgsh1t from Journey with Me. Every year I get suckered into betting this gaff track Festival

What an odd thing to say.are you on the sauce? If not I'd say you're just about 2 thoughts away from moving into Arkham

I heard a rumour he has a young up and coming horse called A Plus Tard who he trains in his spare time
and about 70 others in his yard that have won at least once.

Had a bad day I presume?

Allaho wasn't the horse Minella Indo was earlier in his career. HdB isn't elite and yes I have had a bad day. Punchestown and my betting don't get on.

Allaho wasn't the horse Minella Indo was earlier in his career. HdB isn't elite and yes I have had a bad day. Punchestown and my betting don't get on.

They were running Allaho over the wrong trip. Haven't been punting mad but this has been one of the more predictable Punchestown festivals so far.

It just looked to me like he was going slow and the others were letting him until Cobden moved to within a length or so. Even then, the others seemed very content to lay off him, and they looked still on the bridle. To me, that allowed his basic speed to kick in over the last six furlongs and they couldn't get near him.

Back