The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

You might want to look at Life In Motion in the 3.00 then.
Beat the Lincoln 2nd pointless on proper sft over today's distance at Longchamp.:)

Could you be sure Awaal was over Doncaster in that race, though? I also see the Fabre filly that runs in the other race at long odds was ahead of Awaal that day.

It's fairly rare for me to bet in f/m-only races these days. I learned the hard way :lol:

Nwm 1.15 - in the market w/o Adayar, Migration 5/2 (Hills). I rate the Lincoln form really highly. If my figures are right, this one is picking up money.

[But my Lincoln figures might be pish :)]

Tbh, I quite fancy Migration outright but want to be careful.

Hmm, that was disappointing.

Tuesday, Ascot 6.10 - Vauban 15/8 (BOG, Coral) - should win with his head in his chest.

I'll be backing him for the Ebor (9/1) before he wins.

Last edited:
Wednesday, Ascot 5.35 - Gregory 7/4 - can't see anything getting near him.

Edit - the double with Vauban at current best odds pays better than 6/1. Happy to avail myself of that.

Last edited:
Tuesday, Ascot 6.10 - Vauban 15/8 (BOG, Coral) - should win with his head in his chest.

I'll be backing him for the Ebor (9/1) before he wins.

Job done.

Thought he'd do it more easily to be honest but that at least takes a big chunk out of the day's losses.

Edit - he's 4/1 for the Ebor now.

Last edited:
Wednesday, Ascot 5.35 - Gregory 7/4 - can't see anything getting near him.

Edit - the double with Vauban at current best odds pays better than 6/1. Happy to avail myself of that.

Two for one :lol:

(What a difference re effort in the saddle too.)

Last edited:
4.30 Southwell Broomsfield Cave 15/8
Actually backed the second in that as I won on her last time. Know the owner well as she’s a former pointer and was well thought of before getting injured a couple of seasons ago.

Newmarket 4.45 - Nostrum 5/2 - It’s a shame this race isn’t on council TV as it should be very informative. Although it’s first time up, I’m going to back Nostrum like an odds-on shot. It’s already clear - 5lbs and 10lbs+ on ORs, 4lbs and 7lbs on my own ratings and 4lbs and 4lbs on RPRs - entitled to improve a good bit into this season and is only 14/1 ante-post for the Sussex Stakes. It's also 8lbs clear on Topspeed figures but I don't set too much store by them. I can see it usurping Imperial Emperor (15/8) at the head of the market but I was surprised when I first looked at the betting yesterday that Nostrum wasn't odds-on.

GL, DO - though connections say it's a starting point and (in typical SMS fashion) it may just be a warm-up for the Sussex.

Last edited:
Newmarket 4.45 - Nostrum 5/2 - It’s a shame this race isn’t on council TV as it should be very informative. Although it’s first time up, I’m going to back Nostrum like an odds-on shot. It’s already clear - 5lbs and 10lbs+ on ORs, 4lbs and 7lbs on my own ratings and 4lbs and 4lbs on RPRs - entitled to improve a good bit into this season and is only 14/1 ante-post for the Sussex Stakes. It's also 8lbs clear on Topspeed figures but I don't set too much store by them. I can see it usurping Imperial Emperor (15/8) at the head of the market but I was surprised when I first looked at the betting yesterday that Nostrum wasn't odds-on.

Nice one DO

Go collect:thumbsup:

Back