The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

I'll be following you in.

Yeah apologies to the dignity of the thread as he is a 14/1 chance early doors so almost a longshot but anyway, I can't edit my post and still think he is good each way value at 14s. Good luck us, Sim. :)

Yeah apologies to the dignity of the thread as he is a 14/1 chance early doors so almost a longshot but anyway, I can't edit my post and still think he is good each way value at 14s. Good luck us, Sim. :)

Yes, he has a decent enough chance and I presumed the odds on moniker was tongue in cheek haha

Thanks, guys, I'm just back home from my first acupuncture session and only just caught up with the replay. Looks like the money came for it too.

More than covered me for the day.

I feel as though I'm almost cheating with this one but Al Aasy 11/8, Hills, 1.50 Newbury tomorrow, is odds-on everywhere else so the Hills price might be corrected during today.

The price might be down to his having completely bombed last time but he wore earplugs through that race (I don't know if it was by accident or design), something I don't know if it's ever happened before. I'm willing to take the chance, though, as I can't fancy anything else in the race.

I feel as though I'm almost cheating with this one but Al Aasy 11/8, Hills, 1.50 Newbury tomorrow, is odds-on everywhere else so the Hills price might be corrected during today.

The price might be down to his having completely bombed last time but he wore earplugs through that race (I don't know if it was by accident or design), something I don't know if it's ever happened before. I'm willing to take the chance, though, as I can't fancy anything else in the race.

I got that badly wrong. Al Aasy is out to 5/2 generally so the market is saying it won't win. Never one to shy away from farting against thunder, I've gone in again at 5/2 with the BOG so it can drift all it wants. I still think the real Al Aasy pishes up.

I got that badly wrong. Al Aasy is out to 5/2 generally so the market is saying it won't win. Never one to shy away from farting against thunder, I've gone in again at 5/2 with the BOG so it can drift all it wants. I still think the real Al Aasy pishes up.

Trip would be a concern for me.

Nice one DO but no idea what Buick thought he was doing on the jolly (didn’t have a penny on fortunately)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one DO but no idea what Buick thought he was doing on the jolly (didn’t have a penny on fortunately)

Me neither :)

Confession: two out I was muttering, "Crowley! What the fvck are you playing at?!" as he put the horse, seemingly, into a cul de sac, but it opened up and maybe it was how the horse needed to be ridden.

Saturday, Goodwood 3.00 - Free Wind 6/5 - no BOG with the price but I can't see her starting at odds against anyway. She looks to have a very straightforward task since she stays, acts in the ground and on the track. She wins barring something going wrong.

Been waitig for Wonder Legend to reappear. He oozes class don't let his Ascot run put you off he hated the jar in the said to be good ground???

I took the 13/8 because he should be a 4/7 shot at best imo in what looks a gift of an opportunity for him.

However neither Timeform or the Racing Post fancy him for the win so he could drift which I find strange to say the least

Last edited:
Been waitig for Wonder Legend to reappear. He oozes class don't let his Ascot run put you off he hated the jar in the said to be good ground???

I took the 13/8 because he should be a 4/7 shot at best imo in what looks a gift of an opportunity for him.

However neither Timeform or the Racing Post fancy him for the win so he could drift which I find strange to say the least

Think the pace will be hot in this so will be using up petrol to lead. Will have to be 100% tonight.

Nunthorpe - Highfield Princess 6/4 - she's taken time to come to herself this season but looked on the way back when hosing up last time. Her best is three lengths better than anything else in this race and if she can improve again now that she's hit form...

(Check the longshot thread for possible placings.)

Back