The 2024 Longshot Thread

Hooray...and that leaves the way clear for Faylaq to finally get his sunshine day in the Consolation. No prices up yet that I can see, but, sadly, I suspect he won't qualify for this thread.

Very pleased to see Rathgar make the cut. I reckon he's going to run a big race. I'd usually be going to this meeting but going to Sandown the following Saturday instead.

The Vase - Green Team 40/1, 4 places - started last season rated 90, beaten less than 8 lengths in the Plate off 87, ran okay next time but subsequently very disappointing, including in four runs this season so the price is understandable. However, Williams is just the boyo to tee them up for a big one and he's booked Josie Gordon who is 27% win and 64% first-four for him this season. And he's going blue across the board so somebody else must have noticed. The horse is off just 74 here.

Hooray...and that leaves the way clear for Faylaq to finally get his sunshine day in the Consolation. No prices up yet that I can see, but, sadly, I suspect he won't qualify for this thread.

My problem these days is that I wouldn't trust Paul Mulrennan to give Adele a satisfactory ride so I'm letting the old fella go.

The Vase - Green Team 40/1, 4 places - started last season rated 90, beaten less than 8 lengths in the Plate off 87, ran okay next time but subsequently very disappointing, including in four runs this season so the price is understandable. However, Williams is just the boyo to tee them up for a big one and he's booked Josie Gordon who is 27% win and 64% first-four for him this season. And he's going blue across the board so somebody else must have noticed. The horse is off just 74 here.
Yes,I agree took 40/1 as well.

Bit late...

There's an outside chance Island Brave has one big race left. If he can get anywhere close to that 2 mile run at Ascot a few years back (last to first in the straight), he could make the 200s on BF look pretty silly.

Proven on the course with a big run in this race a couple of years ago. I doubt he can front run today and expect to win this, but if Ethan Jones can hold him up nearer last until into the straight, there are possibilities.

Looking at Spirit Mixer myself.
2nd 2 years ago. 8lb lower now.
I'm guessing he may have had injury problems. Lightly raced initially after that effort.
4 races though this year, to get him back up to speed.
Every chance they're having another go.
Can get 50s.
Ran well,got stopped when making its move,then ran on again.might have got 5th with a bit more luck.

I had a last minute bet on Evaluation because Lucinda Russell is running quite a few horses on the flat but I wouldn’t have wanted it to beat Brian Ellisons horse. I’m so pleased for him.

Back