The 2024 Longshot Thread

Nwb 2.05 - Grand Alliance 25/1, 4 places - worth an each-way pop despite his woeful reappearance run recently. Doesn't hold a Ces entry but does for better-class non-handicaps and I think the well-rated other horses in this race could have more valuable handicaps on their agenda later in the season.

In anticipation of a deluge. I'm taking 50s about Two Brothers ew in the 2.05 at Newbury.
Very impressive when he won on heavy at Thirsk in May.
Fairbanks + Faylaq, have come out + won good races since.
Not so sleepy in the race, there will be no hanging about + it may get attritional.
No forlorn hope.

Newbury 2.40 - Grays Inn 66/1 3 places & 50/1 4 places - just a bit of gut churning here. It has come down 5lbs since the start of the season and has had a two-month break and I'm hoping the booking of De Sousa is suggesting they think they've got him back in some sort of form.

Wee nibble for me on Twelth Knight in the Silver Cup just in case today is his D Day.

Also taken Orazio and the admirable Jordan Electrics in the main event.

Good luck all today.

I'll have to watch the replay about 5pm as out all day. Don't tell me the result! Ta.

Three more longshots in the Ayr Gold Cup:

Fivethousandtoone (I think it might already have been mentioned and if so then I'm agreeing) 40/1 - Balding’s two top jockeys go to Newbury so maybe this one isn’t fancied too strongly but the price is too big not to take. Top rated on my figures for this season.

Commanche Falls (also mentioned, I think) 22/1 - same rating as FTTO on last year's form.

Pilgrim 20/1 - take his disappointing most recent run out of the equation and he'd be disputing favouritism.

Back