The alternative Cheltenham Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
7.18 now. Any inkling that it might go out again, Slim? I only got just over 6.6 earlier.

Its down to Bet365's price matching. Betfred some times 'do the bollocks' and push horses just so Bet365 have to match them. 11am is the time to take advantage of this.

Its down to Bet365's price matching. Betfred some times 'do the bollocks' and push horses just so Bet365 have to match them. 11am is the time to take advantage of this.

I've suspected for long enough that more than one firm does that.

Missed the 11am situation as I was busy finding your winners for tomorrow :p

I've gone for a Yorkhill/NMH BFSP double with the former drifting on the machine. This should cover my two pony bets on Yanworth with the mbs's from Sky and Hills.

More Of That burst a blood vessel
No More Heroes done in a tendon

Both finished distressed not too unlike their punters...

I think there is a small angle with doubling the formline between Diamond King and Blue Hell in two of the hardest races at the festival. I think both will go off shorter than they are now but if DK wins the Coral Cup then Blue Hell will have to go off a single price fav in the County. 142/1 the double is worth an interest.

Coral Cup - Diamond King 10/1 (Coral)
County Hurdle - Blue Hell 12/1 (Coral)

Taking 10/1 about one that goes off 18.4 not the smartest move is it.

Officially the worst ever day betting at the festival. Absolutely nothing went right.

It's only made worse by these romantic types swooning over the return of The Black Aeroplane.

Possibly the most troubling news is that tomorrow is Thursday - without doubt the shitest day.

Officially the worst ever day betting at the festival. Absolutely nothing went right.

It's only made worse by these romantic types swooning over the return of The Black Aeroplane.

Possibly the most troubling news is that tomorrow is Thursday - without doubt the shitest day.

With renewed vigour I go to look at the market for the first race tomorrow only to find it's a complete ******* mess.

I mean where do you start with the lot? The 7th favourite is 7/1 in some places. ffs

Must admit I took a right tonking today aswel, I would have got the placepot up if I hadn't tried to be clever and put Dodging Bullets in instead of UDS or SS!

Don't get too down though, Bear.There's still 2 days to go of the greatest show on earth. :)

I've had an absolute shocker too, so you're not alone.

Missed out on the Placepot by a neck in the Coral Cup and have had a severe case of seconditis.

Big double on Limini and Thistlecrack tomorrow will decide my fate.

I've had an absolute shocker too, so you're not alone.

Missed out on the Placepot by a neck in the Coral Cup and have had a severe case of seconditis.

Big double on Limini and Thistlecrack tomorrow will decide my fate.

You can't back Limini -Tanya told us all that Willie has a 50% record with odds on shots in England-Douvan &VVM were winners ,UDS was chinned -Limini will be chinned.

Road to Riches 8/1 a nice e/w bet tomorrow. Will look to double him with something. Probably Whisper.

Massive drift on Barters Hill pre decs. From a selfish point of view the Gangster bets now look very good.

Looking back through my bets for the meeting so far, I'm paraphrasing the all-time great Richard Baerlein quote:

Now is the time to bet like phuck.

Back