The Champion Hurdle 2010

I think Donnas Palm is not good enough and think Torphichen could be interesting to place as Won In The Dark and Sublimity will not handle the ground.

Get in there Medermit!!

Took the 3/1 this morning so I'm just about covered for the day but I'm more pleased that it's franked my two CH bets, Celestial halo and Khyber Kim.

Would you have told us your bet had it lost? The shameless aftertiming on this board really is pathetic at times.

After timing is a gift shared by mamy on the forum but you get the same thanks for point blank pointing out a winner as someone posting they had a touch.

Would you have told us your bet had it lost? The shameless aftertiming on this board really is pathetic at times.

Those who know me know I do tend to say what I was on. I can tell you I was on Jaunty Flight and knew I was beat before it jumped the second fence. But I was cheering on Our Vic from the turn for home :)

Oh, and didn't Mamlook boost Celestial Halo's (and, by implication, Khyber Kim's) CH chances?

Oh, and I didn't I tell everyone at the time of the Wincanton race that it was championship form? And you agreed.

I also put up Micheal Flips last Saturday morning, so you're not being entirely balanced in your criticism, dj.

Celestial Halo will have every chance to improve his own chances himself tomorrow. No excuses and defeat will tell more about him that a small field race at Wincanton at the start of the season.

Those who know me know I do tend to say what I was on. I can tell you I was on Jaunty Flight and knew I was beat before it jumped the second fence. But I was cheering on Our Vic from the turn for home :)

Oh, and didn't Mamlook boost Celestial Halo's (and, by implication, Khyber Kim's) CH chances?

Oh, and I didn't I tell everyone at the time of the Wincanton race that it was championship form? And you agreed.

I also put up Micheal Flips last Saturday morning, so you're not being entirely balanced in your criticism, dj.

My views on the Wincanton race haven't changed a great deal. I didn't think Celestial Halo showed improved form that day and I still don't. That's not to say I don't think he's a player in the CH because last year's run shows he clearly should be. Well done with Mamlook he was a good winner today.

Well done with Michael Flips last week, that thread was much more interesting for you saying why you fancied it rather than your medermit post telling us you'd backed it.

I can see Gal's point, though. He wasn't up against championship contenders at Wincanton even though he was giving them a fair bit of weight. The well-beaten runner-up and third have now both won next time out, Blue Bajan, 36lbs behind CH was only beaten 9lbs by Go Native at Newcastle and the tailed-off Tasheba also won next time up. That still strikes me as the best form so far although I have to concede that if it really was the same CH we saw at Cheltenham (which I have some doubts about) then Khyber Kim might be the one.

Twister has only had one winner since Khyber Kim won at Cheltenham, stable form would be a concern for me, particularly if they are talking of running him under top-weight at Newbury.

My views on the Wincanton race haven't changed a great deal. I didn't think Celestial Halo showed improved form that day and I still don't. That's not to say I don't think he's a player in the CH because last year's run shows he clearly should be. Well done with Mamlook he was a good winner today.

Well done with Michael Flips last week, that thread was much more interesting for you saying why you fancied it rather than your medermit post telling us you'd backed it.

I didn't back Mamlook today (I backed Qozak) but seeing Mamlook win so authoritatively obviously eased the pain. Anyone following the CH thread could probably have guessed I might have been on Medermit today but is aftertiming such a cardinal sin when - in my case - it doesn't happen often?

Celestial Halo will have every chance to improve his own chances himself tomorrow. No excuses and defeat will tell more about him that a small field race at Wincanton at the start of the season.

Gal, do you think the track will suit CH?? The CH is all over the place with the form lines seriously messed up. Another upset tomorrow could create more turmoil. Given the murky form lines, is there any chance an improving outsider could come and do them all?

Agree with Dylan Thomas as well. Surely Sublimity and possibly Won In The Dark have to be doubtful runners at this stage though?

I'm still kicking myself for letting Torphichen go unbacked at 5's at Naas last time.

I think it's very harsh to accuse DO of after-timing. He's one of the few posters to really stick his neck out well in advance of races, even though I often disagree. For example, I dont fancy either of his CH bets and I think Go Native is a bet to nothing at anything around 6's, 7's. I can't see how he's out of the frame.

I've put my money where my mouth is today. I've put enough on CH today to cover all my bets on him for the Champion Hurdle. I'm pleasantly (from a punting angle) surprised that he's not favourite today. If I'm right in thinking he wasn't 100% in the Boylesports - and that form strikes me as good enough today anyway - he should be odds-on here. If the Boylesports form is accurate he should be ahead of Solwhit in the betting.

Despite the apparent strength of the Cheltenham form, doubts about the suitability of the track are enough to put me off backing Celestial Halo today.

Think he's vulnerable to Solwhit's turn of foot today.

Back