The Derby & Irish Derby 2009

Credit John Oxx for being as open and honest as he could have been given the fluid circumstances he was faced with

tbh..I don't really give a fig about the Eclipse..he will win it and then it will be..well he hasn't beat much has he?

as a selfish viewer..I would rather he had run tomorrow ..on decent ground of course... and proved he stayed a true run 12f...its a shame they watered the ground to Good really..as at least we would have had a fighting chance then...coc's can you stop watering to Good ffs.....f*****g the game up completely

alas it weren't to be..but maybe its fate pointing Oxx at the 10f route..which probably will be the ideal route for the horse

tbh..I don't really give a fig about the Eclipse..he will win it and then it will be..well he hasn't beat much has he?

as a selfish viewer..I would rather he had run tomorrow ..on decent ground of course... and proved he stayed a true run 12f...its a shame they watered the ground to Good really..as at least we would have had a fighting chance then...coc's can you stop watering to Good ffs.....f*****g the game up completely

alas it weren't to be..but maybe its fate pointing Oxx at the 10f route..which probably will be the ideal route for the horse

It's probably the best thing for STS that he will now be campaigned at 10 furlongs, at least for his next race (or two).

I too would have liked to see how good he actually is by running the colt tomorrow, but from a betting point of view Fame's task is now made a lot easier, which suits me. Although on soft going on a galloping track with a decent pace I would have fancied Fame anyway. The Arc looks the only possibility of them meeting again now.

I agree with the earlier comment that it is unlikely O'Brien will field all seven now and the race may well be run a bit differently with STS out.

Estimate that today's ground was -2.20 although there's evidence of the straight course drying out to about -1.50 and the round course to be in the region of -2.30.

If the pace is taken out of the race, then one is left wondering if it isn't playing intot he hands a little bit of Gan Amhras as the Guineas third, or Masterofthehorse as the Derby's fastest finisher. I'm far from convinced mind you that the race pace will be significantly different. Alright the pacemakers that were in there to try and disrupt STS might be withdrawn, but I'd have thought that Golden Sword is more than capable of taking them along at a decent clip.

It'll be interesting to see if AOB does pull the pacemakers out of course, as to do so would be sort of tantamount to admitting that they were in there purely because of STS, and nothing to do with ensuring there's a true Gp1 pace, as is often cited as the reason for running them.

I can see Fame and Glory getting turned over in this though.

I think The Bull Hayes is worth a few shillings each-way at 50s...

He's posted some very good efforts, will appreciate the going, trip and track and was unlucky lto. If some of the Epsom boys don't give their running then I could see him sneaking a place to be honest.

Happy with my position on Betdaq at 9.55am on Friday though!

I thought you were a Mourayan fan when he stepped up to 12 furlongs EC? Remember you saying you did not think Fame And Glory would ever beat him over that trip?

Please look how much ground he makes turning into the bend holy cow!!!, Golden Sword had 2/3 lengths on him and he made that back in no time jesus bloody christ

Back