The Derby Sat June 5th 2021

Increasingly confident now about John Leeper given the rain yesterday

Will be having a saver on Hurricane lane

I stood at the rail for a few of the races yesterday and they was really starting to plough it up the last couple of races

Last edited:
The maths move this morning is One Ruler. Will go off single figures after being 40.0 during the week.

The whole Coolmore crew are unusually direct in their support for the fav. We may be about to see something special.

Has there ever been a last minute punt like this on a horse in the Derby before?

Another strange Derby result but the late gamble combined with Frankel being the sire and Kirby getting the win after being jocked off John Leeper makes it a decent story

I tell you what... I wouldn't mind seeing the third from that now infamous trial at Lingfield, called Scope, run in a handicap at Royal Ascot off 95!!!

Last edited:
You know what they say, better to be lucky than good...

I cashed out my ante-post (50/1) on Adayar for a small profit when I thought it might not run and then reinvested the profit at 70 on the exchange earlier in the week.

Like the train enthusiast whose ideal death was to be run over by a steam locomotive, I am chuffed to bits.

Bolshoi Ballet?

Make me laugh...

You know what they say, better to be lucky than good...

I cashed out my ante-post (50/1) on Adayar for a small profit when I thought it might not run and then reinvested the profit at 70 on the exchange earlier in the week.

Like the train enthusiast whose ideal death was to be run over by a steam locomotive, I am chuffed to bits.

Bolshoi Ballet?

Make me laugh...

Fav never travelled and sat 4 wide. All very strange.

I tell you what... I wouldn't mind seeing the third from that now infamous trial at Lingfield, called Scope, run in a handicap at Royal Ascot off 95!!!

Please Ralph, run this in a handicap not a group race next time out.

Please Ralph...:)

Last edited:
Fav never travelled and sat 4 wide. All very strange.

True.

A very different ride by Moore compared with Santa Barbara. Early on I thought he was at last going to give a horse a proper Derby ride but I thought he was niggling a bit near the top of the hill and my hopes for the others lifted.

A very un-Frankie ride on John Leeper too, out the back early.

The brother was on the runner-up at 80/1, backing it purely on a hunch so a good day for the family.

Whether the form will amount to owt remains to be seen.

I thought the fav was travelling beautifully. And it looked as it was going to be a case of just hitting the turbo button. But just no response when Ryan asked him to pick up. A disappointment for sure. But they can’t always have the best horse. And yes they are desperate for a new superstar stallion to replace Galileo....that became apparent the more ITV fawned over them.

I was really disappointed last year when Serpentine won as I felt it was a race won because the jockey rode the others to sleep and the horse wasn’t ultimately the best one. Today the race felt a much truer run race and there appeared to be no excuses that I could see. John Leeper possibly ran a little green although Frankie did well settling him as I gather he was lit up on the way to the start.

Back