The Derby

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 2 2007, 01:34 PM
For me, the Derrinstown was run too slowly to be certain of anything about it.
I agree, which is also why I am a bit curious in the confidence behind the winner.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jun 1 2007, 09:39 PM
By the time the Derby is run I reckon the going will be nearer good than anything else also. It wasn't that soft today.
:D

To be honest, I thought it was 'Good' yesterday, and after the first race guess what? :laughing:

Now then Frankie :brows:

Good ground getting faster, on a horse that's never run on an undulating track, and only gone round a bend once, and that in a small field on a flat track. Odds on :eek:

:( ...no doubt you're right and we should be taking him on big style Warbs. I just feel the horse has a spark of something and am hoping that Dettori won't sod it up.

Well I had -0.42 yesterday Steve (on the slow side of Good, but Good nonetheless).

A quick and hardly reliable calculation on a sample of one race involving the Woodcote is pointing towards +0.64 (fast side of Good, but still Good)

It might just about be possible that a bit of Good to Firm in places creeps in later, but I think it's unlikely.

And with the 2008 Champion Hurdler having won in -0.16 and a Gp3 Class par of 2.4 to go on, we're not far off being G/F in places. I provisionally think that could have been +2.34, for an average of +1.49. (Fast side of Good) G/F tends to appear at between +1.75 and +2.50

For some reason - don't ask me why cos I couldn't tell ya lol I have gone for Salford Mill after all - I'm sure I'll regret it but just in case .... I don't want to be accused of aftertiming lol

Backed Archipenko before the Derrinstown Trial (although not for much).. whatever happens today, he will surely improve significantly from that run..

Tempted to back Tregoning's horse Aqaleem as well, although I would prefer if the ground had a bit more give in it for him.. if the race becomes a slog, he could be the one to take advantage..

I fancy Authorized and I wasn't going to have a bet but seeing as though he's opened up at 11/10 I've had to have a little bit on.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 2 2007, 04:24 PM
Eagle Mountain in second suggests that was rather good to me.
Big late money for the second too suggests he was well fancied.

The horse won by a country mile!! Very taking performance. Well DOne Frankie and connections, Im not sure I could deal with the interviews afterwards though. Its ok...french open is on interactive or eurosport!

Awesome performance - with a ride straight out of the Lester Piggott handbook - brilliant for PCH too

Fantastic stuff from Authorized and Frankie. A brilliant performance. What on Earth happened to Archipenko? Just about last all the way.

The way he reeled them in from the home turn without being asked a question was highly impressive .

Back