The Derby

I love it when a horse you backed starts off a much shorter price.

I don't care if he wins now I have banked my moral victory. Seriously, though, only two horses impressed me in the trials and they were both trained by APOB. Midas Touch looks as likely a winner as anything in the race.

i've been amazed that Midas Touch was quoted so high after his comeback - it was a good solid performance - backed up on clock - horse only got going last furlong suggesting lots more to come at 12f - by far the best trial imo

O'Brien is quoted in todays Irish Times as saying that Jan Vermeer might skip the Irish Guineas and instead run in the Group Three Gallinule Stakes over 1m2 at the Curragh on Sunday. Interesting.

O'Brien is quoted in todays Irish Times as saying that Jan Vermeer might skip the Irish Guineas and instead run in the Group Three Gallinule Stakes over 1m2 at the Curragh on Sunday. Interesting.

Jan Vermeer would surely only run in the Guineas if the ground eased significantly....but interesting to see him out.

You wouldn't think the 7 pounds should come close to stopping him if he is a serious Derby contender (which he probably well is).

We've seen so many times now that O'Briens can and do improve 10lb+ from their reappearance on occasions. Defeat would be no barrier to going close at Epsom I don't think.

Not a race that wil probably have any influence on the Derby, but Rewilding (win or not) must be one of the worst even money shots I've seen in some time.

Think his stablemate (each way) is a much better proposition, really well-bred, won on debut and should progress. 28/1 is crazy.

Why against Rewilding? I thought he was a deserved short-priced fav. I thought his effort last time was also worth marking up given how much of a start the winner had on him. I was even contemplating throwing a few quid on him for the Deby at 33's in the belief they'd supplement him after an impressive win today.

The form of the race his stablemate won is stones away.

Cheers Hamm. 16's now but will wait to see if they supplement. Form not as good as that of Cape Blanco but probably on a par with what Midas Touch has done and with confirmed participation, I'd be tempted by double figures.

Cheers Hamm. 16's now but will wait to see if they supplement. Form not as good as that of Cape Blanco but probably on a par with what Midas Touch has done and with confirmed participation, I'd be tempted by double figures.

on a par with MT - are you sure David?..a plodding G2 second then a win in listed..not sure mesen

I think he did it very well
his form in France is good, he was 2nd to the best horse I have seen in France this season and he deserves to be supplemented and if improving a bit he will be in the mix.

Formwise I think so yes. Admittedly the time won't be anything like it, but his Prix Noalles form also looked pretty smart before today's run.

Not always
they said in the big races, Dettori will be on the good one.

they have done very things badly in the last years but they are not so stupid to have a bad jockey in their horses, even being an arab man.

Back