The Derby

Well, I actually hope he wins it for you but his form looks a bit short of Chabal's for me. That said Hot Prospect ran ok yesterday.

I cant make sense of Bullet Train being shorter than CC in the betting using a strict form line through Hot Prospect.

I wouldn't trust the literal form of Coordinated Cut's Newmarket win - consider how that the 65-rated Ice Viking was only beaten 20-odd pounds, and can't win a handicap off that mark.

It's a trainer price I think. The bookies know, especially after last week's shenanigans, that a HRAC animal is gonna attract money no matter the odds.

I wouldn't trust the literal form of Coordinated Cut's Newmarket win - consider how that the 65-rated Ice Viking was only beaten 20-odd pounds, and can't win a handicap off that mark.

As an owner I'm obviously slightly biased but would much prefer to read the form through Hot Prospect and High Twelve as opposed to Ice Viking.

Good luck with your horse CCut in next weeks Dante Kauto, if he should get beat, you are going to get fed up of pundits says no horse beaten in the Dante has gone on to win the Derby . City Honours nearly did it, only to be beat in a photo finish by the Lingfield Derby trial winner High Rise

I will lay you 2/1 that he finisher higher than Perfect Sundays Derby finish of 6th place for a bit of sport.

As an owner I'm obviously slightly biased but would much prefer to read the form through Hot Prospect and High Twelve as opposed to Ice Viking.

I don't blame you! It's the form I'm doubting rather than the horse. CC may well turn out to be significantly better than that race allowed him to show.

Looked a real decent performance to me. Very reminiscent of Fame and Glory last year in the way Murtagh rode the race. He picked them up well I thought.

A lot of positive rumours circling about Cape Blanco..

More than anything I don't think he's had the press he deserves given that he is unbeaten at 2 and has won a Gr3 and a Gr2 on unsuitable ground.

I find it odd though that O'Brien basically has Mikhail Glinka lined up as his number two derby horse. I'm making that assumption on the basis he was the intended Derrinstown horse and he usually runs his best hope either there or if they are quick enough the guineas. Fencing master does not strike me as a derby winner.

Back