The Dewhurst

You tell 'em.

I'll be punting Dream Ahead in this. He has the course form and the Middle Park contained far better horses than the Royal Lodge. The price differential between the front two has everything to do with the massive contrast in the two trainers profiles and feck all to do with reality.

He's far from a certain runner though?

In all seriousness, where is the common sense from the new schedule of races? It's not moaning, it's about the rearrangement of a clear narrative of races.

You'd scream to the high heavens if they moved the Champion Hurdle to the Saturday of Aintree!

William Hogarth winning at the weekend should have been compensation enough, no? :p

Saamidd each way is the bet here at this point in time. Dream Ahead may skip it if the ground continues to dry up.

Any word on what Ballydoyle are running in this?

Their runners are all massive prices, def be backing one EW. Have some nice formlines with Dunboyne Express.

Seville is worth a few shillings each way at current prices.

Ground now good and no rain forecast.

If I knew all 3 were going to run, I'd have a big EW bet on each.

With Dream Ahead doubts, it's one of the best EW races you could ever hope to play in.

Try and let us know pre 10am Thurs Gal!

Backed Roderic at 33s given it's likely to be quick ground.

Seville prob an RP Trophy horse and MOH far too big on Betfair to be taking part.

Money coming for Roderic now, very interesting with Murtagh already booked (extremely rare for them to put a jockey up before Decs) and O'Brien suggesting he's the likely runner.

Still 33s which is a great bet imo and I've had a large EW bet on him given the make up of the race. Don't think he'll be 13/2 to place come Saturday afternoon somehow.

I rate him highly - but it will be some effort to actually win this after such a long layoff. I think both he and MOH rate as two of the better Ballydoyle prospects for next year.

is Dream Ahead overrated due to slower going stretching the actual superiority?

Good question...there were an awful lot of wide margin winners at Newmarket that day weren't there? With the forecast the way it is I am surprised connections have not even suggested him being a non-runner.

Who will be more disappointed if Frankel loses...Henry Cecil, Tom Queally, Abdullah or The Racing Post because Lord Jesus they are going orgasmic over the horse online and on print over the last few days.

Good question...there were an awful lot of wide margin winners at Newmarket that day weren't there? With the forecast the way it is I am surprised connections have not even suggested him being a non-runner.

I must admit I haven't been watching the build up to this race..I haven't seen the performances live..so my view may differ

but..I am getting the impression that both of these horses are getting a bit over hyped..ie best 2yo race ever..not read that here i don't think ...but some are saying it

am i missing something?..Frankel to me wasn't exactly cruising at Ascot..he was being urged along quite rigourously..unless my eyes are failling

Teofilo's Dewhurst was a great race..it will have to go some to better that tbh

at the prices..i would go for the 3rd fav tbh

8/15..are we talking about Nijinsky here?

Frankel looks good..must admit..still not convinced yet though of just how good

Last edited:
Backed Roderic at 33s given it's likely to be quick ground.

Seville prob an RP Trophy horse and MOH far too big on Betfair to be taking part.

Same but have shillings on MOH at 200 as I dont quite think he is 5/1 to turn up.

I must admit I haven't been watching the build up to this race..I haven't seen the performances live..so my view may differ

but..I am getting the impression that both of these horses are getting a bit over hyped..ie best 2yo race ever..not read that here i don't think ...but some are saying it

am i missing something?..Frankel to me wasn't exactly cruising at Ascot..he was being urged along quite rigourously..unless my eyes are failling

Teofilo's Dewhurst was a great race..it will have to go some to better that tbh

at the prices..i would go for the 3rd fav tbh

8/15..are we talking about Nijinsky here?

Frankel looks good..must admit..still not convinced yet though of just how good

Agree with every word of that.

People have gone massively overboard about this horse - Timeform have even found a way to rate him higher (which I would argue is unfair as handicapping should take a consistent approach) - he beat absolutely nothing at Ascot.

I will be laying him if I can at 1/2 on the machine, and may even look at the place market if all the current line up are there on the day.

He of course has a reasonable chance of winning, but he shouldn't be shorter than 6/4 on anything but hype.

Reverse the trainers with Dream Ahead and you would be reversing the prices.

He is making the market for all other horses, and in cases like this, you really have to get heavily involved - I will be backing more than 1 horse each way (already have backed Roderico) and possibly laying the favourite.

I think they have gone a bit mad but with justification. Frankel's form stacks up and so does Dream Aheads both on ratings and time. Usual doom mongering and pessimism.

Why not get excited chaps instead of picking holes in everything as usual.

I personally cannot wait and am uber excited about saturday.

Frankel is with a better trainer and has a better pedigree.

Dream Ahead looks a very good horse but looks like a soft ground horse and he doesnt fit any of the trends of a Dewhurst winner.

Back