The Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Mullins only has two entered for the Juvenile and one of them is Rayapour who he said at the start of the season was a bit behind so wouldn't be seen out until after Christmas and had been purchased by the McNeils with the Triumph in mind.

A listed performer on the flat in France when trained by De Royer-Dupre, it's interesting that Willie's even considering running him here first time out. The 40/1 for the Triumph would disappear soon enough if he were to go close..

Things were so bad for Irish stables back in the 80s that the champion bumper at Cheltenham was introduced in order to give them a decent chance of winning at least one race at the Festival. What kind of race should Leopardstown now add to its programme in order to attract more than the three UK entries received this year?

There are relatively few marathon races in Ireland, so maybe a 3m6f hurdle, and a 4 miles plus handicap chase, with weights set by the UK handicapper, might be the way to go.

2m4f Grade 1 hurdle and chase worth 300000 each with a bonus for those doing Leop/Aintree/Punchestown treble.
Claiming Juvenile hurdle worth 100000 to make Nigel Hawke, David Pipe and a few more salivate.
Charity race for offspring of black and tans, see who has the balds to show up !
Tom Barry wrote of the one good black and tan, who was stationed in Mallow and spent his time drinking with the locals and taking their bets.
Billy Hill went on to breed a Derby winner (Nimbus) and become a bookie of note.
He also I believe had the sense to pass bookmaker tax onto the punter when the Chancellor of Exchequer of the day had a gambling debt reduced/written off, so the story goes .

They've been left with no choice after the field at Christmas for the 3m novice was reduced to three runners on account of the going.

Careful with any early bets, Fakir d’Oudairies and Laurina are among the 12 entries for the Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase at Sandown as well as Leopardstown races.

Through careless holiday planning I have 2 weekend tickets available for Sat and Sunday

Anyone on here like them?

You have my number. Give me a text and I'll throw you a winner. Fair sound doing that.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the standard 2020 members badge looks like? Bought my dad the senior one for Christmas, which is purple. Thinking of using myself Saturday if I can get away with it

Mullins only has two entered for the Juvenile and one of them is Rayapour who he said at the start of the season was a bit behind so wouldn't be seen out until after Christmas and had been purchased by the McNeils with the Triumph in mind.

A listed performer on the flat in France when trained by De Royer-Dupre, it's interesting that Willie's even considering running him here first time out. The 40/1 for the Triumph would disappear soon enough if he were to go close..

I still look in from time to time, and wanted to go on record as saying I think this is a great post.

I took the 40’s last night. I guess I’m a sucker for ex-French, Listed-level, Flat horses, that are sent to Mullins for a hurdling campaign.

I hope all THers are doing well, and tanks are building nicely for the Festival. :thumbsup:

I still look in from time to time, and wanted to go on record as saying I think this is a great post.

I took the 40’s last night. I guess I’m a sucker for ex-French, Listed-level, Flat horses, that are sent to Mullins for a hurdling campaign.

I hope all THers are doing well, and tanks are building nicely for the Festival. :thumbsup:

Great to see you back Nick. A true forum legend!
I've also followed wilsonl in on Rayapour. 33/1 best price left this morning unless you can avail of a Unibet Boost to 40/1

Back