The Gold Cup 2010

Not a chance Ruby will get off Kauto. I cannot believe anyone who has listened to Ruby or followed his career would imagine otherwise. If Kauto runs, Ruby will be on board.

Ruby's not going to get off the better horse of the two. He described Kauto as the "best horse he's ever sat on" on Irish tv the other night.

When Denman goes out hard to make it a test, and Kauto Star cruises past on the bridle, all this talk will seem silly.

When Denman goes out hard to make it a test, and Kauto Star cruises past on the bridle, all this talk will seem silly.
I don't believe anyone in the Nicholls camp really buys into the theory that Denman needs to be ridden very aggressively to get the best out of him any more, despite it paying off in 2008. He'll certainly take a handy position, but imo Denman will not make the running in the Gold Cup.

Does anyone think Kauto Star could lose today? Last year there were a few doubters but this year a defeat is simply unthinkable.

I wouldn't be a layer but not overly surprised if he lost all the same. I think when he loses his form, it could happen wuite quickly and without too many warning signs. IC almost tempting at 10 on Betfair.

Does anyone think Kauto Star could lose today? Last year there were a few doubters but this year a defeat is simply unthinkable.

I am a doubter
I think Madison has a good chance.

About Kauto
he has a chance today but for me this is likely to be the beginning of a regression, he is a lay in the gold cup and for todays races he is too short at 1.6.

Me too. I've mentioned before he has an awful lot of miles on the clock and has way more starts than Denman and more even than Our Vic.

Last year he ran poorly at Haydock when he wasn't as fresh as he could have been because of the Down Royal race. This year he should and did run better because it was his first run of the year. But he still ran as much as a stone below his best. At his price today that is reason enough to think about taking him on.

I think he is on the downgrade but his rating gives him a cushion of maybe ten pounds. I think he'll probably win but that it may well be his last hurrah.

The daddy. The best staying chaser of his generation. Poor old Denman, an absolute superstar but not even the best horse in his yard.

Hands up who thinks they went quicker in Denman's Gold Cup than they did today? That was 2 mile pace all the way over 3 miles of Kempton - relentless exhilaration.

They went quicker today for sure, but Kempton isn't Cheltenham.

Denman still wins the Gold Cup for me. Barbers Shop ran well until running out of puff.

My rough early calculations tell me the form is better than Denman's Hennessy.

That race was something that will live in the memory. This beat it.

And nice to see old MDB staying on to land the bet!!

Back