The Gold Cup 2010

One mistake and then he threw Mccoy off. he was making his feelings known about the jockey change...

I dont think he was going wonderfully before the mistake, but that wasnt expected maybe.

I thought it was weird he riding him into the fences around five or four out. Thoughts? Something amiss?

It was impossible to get to the other side where McCoy asked him to take off from.

I thought that. He comfortably stands off his fences more than some horses maybe too?

Looking at it again what the feck was McCoy asking for such a jump when it was just a trial?

Ruby Walsh just said on C4 that the thought McCoy was not really happy with the horse throughout most of the race.

Didn't look to be going overly well before the mistake and Ruby just said he didn't think AP was happy. Glad he's ok though cos the mistake that got rid of AP was shuddering.

No one likes to see a good horse go down like that. Even I didn't celebrate after laying him at 1/6 earlier. Interesting race, though, watching how the others ran and finished. Niche Market, Tricky Trickster and Air Force One all ran fine aintree trials.

More seriously, Denman looked unfit beforehand, and I think Nicholls has left him seriously undercooked for this today. He cme right off the bridle after the cross fence, and Niche Market was already making up ground before the first error. The horse looked knackered going to three out.

Back