The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

Statement from GE is in the sweet-spot.

Let him re-group over the summer, and pick-up in the Autumn.

The penalty leaves leeway for the authorities to respond if anything else comes up within the next six months.

Elliott's statement is a good start by him on the road back.

Last edited:
Yeah, it has worked through everyone's system. Shame about losing some of his top horses, but everyone can move on.

Character building week - He'll return better for this as a person and racing will be better for him in it

A good thread overall and now with the festivals coming, time to put racing back on the pages for the right reasons

Forgive me but can I ask a stupid question ( please take into account that so far it's been a long year): why does the BHA have a 'say' in anything to do with this? He trains in Ireland, I accept he sends horses over here but so? Do they really have an authority over him? So they could impose their own 'sentence'? Can they ban him from training? Or rather ban horses trained by him coming over and competing in the UK ? My head says not they can't so what does it have to do with them? If they can ban and they say '2 years and off with his head' does that actually have any weight given the verdict by the Irish? Given their track record I wouldn't expect a decision before 2026 anyway but..
Be kind please- I can't help it. I just don't see really, at the end of the day, what it has to do with them? Again , apologies if it has been stated but when does the 6 month suspension actually start? Or has that not been published?
Can't help wonder if without 'social media' the 'sentence' would have been less?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Forgive me but can I ask a stupid question ( please take into account that so far it's been a long year): why does the BHA have a 'say' in anything to do with this? He trains in Ireland, I accept he sends horses over here but so? Do they really have an authority over him? So they could impose their own 'sentence'? Can they ban him from training? Or rather ban horses trained by him coming over and competing in the UK ? My head says not they can't so what does it have to do with them? If they can ban and they say '2 years and off with his head' does that actually have any weight given the verdict by the Irish? Given their track record I wouldn't expect a decision before 2026 anyway but..
Be kind please- I can't help it. I just don't see really, at the end of the day, what it has to do with them? Again , apologies if it has been stated but when does the 6 month suspension actually start? Or has that not been published?
Can't help wonder if without 'social media' the 'sentence' would have been less?

Thank you.

No - I’m the same. It’s an Irish trainer - it’s naff all to do with the BHA. Let them have their enquiry and run with their decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words. (For those who haven't as yet added their praise I will wait 24 hours before final judgement.)

Back