The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

Trainers have come back from suspensions for 'neglect' and 'financial irregularities', I can't see him being banned forever.

What he did was crass and hugely insensitive. Whether he sat down without thinking - I don't believe that for a minute - he sat there long enough to have his photo taken and include a gesture when said photo was being taken. Probably sat there after the photo too, no jumping up saying ' oh hell, what did I just do there?'.

He obviously trusted the person taking the picture or it wouldn't exist, and whoever took it, which I am sure will come out, either is as stupid as he was , or had an agenda even then or why keep it? And why publish now?

I don't agree with the BHA stopping his horses racing, while they decide what they are or aren't going to do about it, not their, the owners or the staff's fault and why should they be punished?

If owners want to stand by him, that's up to them, and most probably will, not their horse was it, and he's a good lad is Gordon. Personally, if that was my horse he was sitting on, I'd swim the sea if I had to and rip his balls off and stuff them down his throat.

If the photo was shared as an act of revenge doesn’t that make the person who shared it liable for prosecution?

Anyone any idea what the likes of the Morans and JP will do? Gigginstown may even change their minds with the BHA’s statement. By looks of it Cheveley Park are already out of there.

Hoping someone in the yard has a trainers license tbh with you and can all be ‘transferred’ over.

BHA are utter cowards. They come out of this with literally 0 credit. If the festival is a mess cause of their stance before an investigation is concluded i swear I won’t watch racing again. Ive spent hours and a hell of a lot of time and money to be in certain positions on certain horses. If that goes tits up cause they’re pandering to the none racing public ill cry.
I understand AP betting is a risk, and there is no gurantees of any returns even if they did run, you just question if the time and effort is really worth it.

The whole thing reeks, from the picture, to the reaction of the public, and the reaction of the BHA.

No idea of its Elliots yard. Videos now doing the round of people laughing and joking as someone jumps up onto a dead horse as the tractor there to take it away.m

Colin Bowes yard whoever that is. Jockey Rob James straddling the dead horse. Absolutely ******* vile video. There is absolutely no defending it what so ever.

Racings done with. Absolutely no way they can come back from this.

Last edited:
The Elliot horses will run under David Broad.

Gigginstown is going nowhere
Moran is going nowhere
Cheveley Park are all rumours as of now
The 3rd video is just pathetic. Has nothing to do with Elliot but hey let's just destroy a silly young lad too.

**** these cunts on social media posting these videos.

The punishment should fit the crime and not effect rhe thousands of punters and owners who had nothing to do with the incident....ban him personally for a few months hit him with a fine but stopping the yard from running its horses in the uk is just not right...a ship can be run by a vice captain if the captain is ill ....so ban him from the yard and bring in a substitute trainer...his staff should not be punished for his stupidity

Last edited:
People dont realize there are bigger cunts training horses than elliot...Davy Russell smacked a horse between the ears and what a fuss was nade about that...fooking nonsense horses can be bigger cuntz than people....elliot is a nutter but there is not one sign he is guilty of hurting horses....fine the man 10k and move on..but the media are out to destroy the man for sitting on a dead horse and clowning around

Being stupid or devilish doent deserve destroying his life..this is a witch hunt now..because of fake assho..les who dont really give a hoot acting like borsed housewives

I disagree that anybody is out to destroy him.

Racing has long been walking the fine line between those who view it as a sport, which affords horses a way of life they wouldn’t otherwise receive and those who see it as an antiquated, barbaric pastime to be enjoyed by the wealthy and recklessly gambled on by the unwashed.

The (in some ways unfortunate) meteoric rise in social media has meant that everything people do or have done will be there eventually for public record should someone with an axe to grind or simply nothing better to do, to share.

Thus the sport needs to be seen to be holier than ever and ‘all’ the media have done is, without equivocation turned on one of their own to prevent even greater damage to the sport in an attempt to avoid enhanced public perception of the insularity it is often viewed with.

My personal opinion is that the guy is a fookin eejit for what he did but do I think he’s guilty of negligence or cruelty?. Not at all. Do I thinking he should be forever forced out of the sport? No, and hopefully it won’t come to that.

And has there’s been a public overreaction? Possibly but largely understandable, however the media and fellow trainers’ reaction in demonstrating total disgust was absolutely the right thing to do, even if it did mean throwing him under the bus.

Hopefully he’ll take his medicine, accept he needs to be seen to be openly castigated, learn from it and be back.

Last edited:
Just heard 'Pillar of Society' David Cameron interviewed on BBC Radio 4. I bet he is one thankful boy today that he only (reportedly) placed his willie in a dead animal's mouth and didn't actually sit on it.

Personally, if that was my horse he was sitting on, I'd swim the sea if I had to and rip his balls off and stuff them down his throat.

'Course you would, GG, thus proving your dead horse far more important than any sense of perspective?

I hope the cretin that shared the Elliott photo is pleased with their work. The entire industry is in a fu*cking tailspin right now. FFS.

Videos now made the tabloids. Daily Mail are running it, matter of time till the rest catch on. PETA and other animal rights groups have the videos.

A real sad day.

You can’t even defend that. Its totally abhorrent. God sake.

Never thought I'd say this but thank fook COVID means no spectators. It it wasn't for that who knows what amount of tree hugging demonstrators would turn up at Cheltenham

Last edited:
Just read the BHA wont allow and horse traines by Gordo to run at the festival
..wtf does that achieve....fucks up all his owners and sraff pkus thousands of punters running for cover.

There must be a better solution thar doesnt punish the innocent..BHA play to the media as usual

Be good to see a firm rebuttal of this feeding frenzy from the BHA, or is that too much to hope for?

The accounts thats releasing videos and pictures saying there are more videos etc on the way. These are just the tip of an iceburg.

Racing in the absolute mud

Just read the BHA wont allow and horse traines by Gordo to run at the festival
..wtf does that achieve....fucks up all his owners and sraff pkus thousands of punters running for cover.

There must be a better solution thar doesnt punish the innocent..BHA play to the media as usual

The horses can run but not in his name! Doing 2 things:
1. Forcing the Irish to hurry the investigation
2. Owners running for cover and switching, rumour that Envoi heading to Henry

But I do agree, those (including me) with tickets of Envoi at 7/1 would be punished because of this absolute disgrace! Hard enough getting a ticket lasting a year without this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing that some people on here see more upset with people sharing the videos/pictures than the disgraceful behaviour shown in them.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree with that!

I think we all feel horrified by it and know it’s a disgrace! But the people with the content are supposed racing people and while we will all agree that Elliot and Rob James need to be punished, the content is harming the industry that we love and it’s already rocky reputation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back