The Leger

Trainers are a nightmare! Still it makes my selection look more likely I suppose.:(

Anyone know if AOA is injured?

Last edited:
This is all I've been able to get: "Aidan O'Brien not happy with Age Of Aquarius after his latest piece of work".

From RTE web-site

Age of Aquarius out of English Leger

Thursday, 10 September 2009 11:09
Aidan O'Brien's likely favourite Age Of Aquarius will not run in Saturday's English St Leger at Doncaster.
The horse was found to be lame on Thursday morning.
O'Brien confirmed: 'We were not 100 percent happy with him after his canter this morning and decided not to declare him.'

Stable jockey Johnny Murtagh will still ride in the race and switches to Changingoftheguard.

From RTE web-site

Age of Aquarius out of English Leger

Thursday, 10 September 2009 11:09
Aidan O'Brien's likely favourite Age Of Aquarius will not run in Saturday's English St Leger at Doncaster.
The horse was found to be lame on Thursday morning.
O'Brien confirmed: 'We were not 100 percent happy with him after his canter this morning and decided not to declare him.'

Stable jockey Johnny Murtagh will still ride in the race and switches to Changingoftheguard.

Being lame and not 100% happy seems a bit of an understatement.

Which is it?!!! Not exactly conclusive evidence...

As a Mourayan backer though it is only good news as I took the price a few days ago...

They are talking Kite Wood being a big heavy horse that will hate firm going and Doncaster are now saying they are unlikely to maintain good/firm (despite watering) and are aiming for fast ground. Possible that Kite Wood could come out as well I suppose... will there be any left?

Having already bet Mourayan I guess this means I have another bet on Changingoftheguard.:rolleyes:

Having already bet Mourayan I guess this means I have another bet on Changingoftheguard.:rolleyes:

It's difficult to see anything else winning the way things are shaping up.

COTG will need to show much improved form - not to say he won't but in a shocking renewal I hope Monitor Closely surprises all and stays - Oasis Dream's slower ancestors seem to give much of his progeny stamina he lacked .

Can't have it, the Voltigeur form looks worthless to me. And with Father Time being the usual overhyped and underpriced Cecil animal and Kite Wood having connection issues also it's gotta be Mourayan and Changingoftheguard.

Can't have it, the Voltigeur form looks worthless to me. And with Father Time being the usual overhyped and underpriced Cecil animal and Kite Wood having connection issues also it's gotta be Mourayan and Changingoftheguard.

Couldn't agree with every word more.

If the best argument you can come up against Kite Wood is 'connection issues' then you have a pretty poor argument. Recent results suggest the yard are going at least as well, probably better than either the Oxx or the O'Brien yard. The Godolphin are rubbish angle is pretty lazy and cliched.

If the best argument you can come up against Kite Wood is 'connection issues' then you have a pretty poor argument. Recent results suggest the yard are going at least as well, probably better than either the Oxx or the O'Brien yard.

How many Group 1 races have Godolphin claimed in Britain in the last couple of years? Recent results suggest that Newcastle are doing better than Liverpool - but it's easier when you're not going up against the big boys week in and week out.

No, at the prices Godolphin's woeful record at the top level meansd Kite Wood has to be taken on.

Sorry, I didn't read Euro's properly. My issue with Kite Wood is 3-fold.
1. I don't think the likely fast ground will suit
2. Little confidence in his chances from Crisford and Dettori.
3. I don't think his form is good enough. Beating Halicarnassus (sp?) by a couple of lengths is not the form of a Leger winner.

Also, I prefer (though do not limit myself) to backing horses conditioned for the distance.

Back