The Leger

If the ground is quick, would that only suit Age of Aquarius and perhaps Father Time amongst those at the front end of the market?

You're right, i wasn't thinking. Do you rate him as a possible winner? They seemed to me to finish in a heap in the ebor, and it's hard to imagine anything in tha race is way ahead of the handicapper (at the moment).

No significant rain expected. They are watering, but it probably won't make too much difference. They will be trying to achieve not worse than good/firm.

Where's Crisford getting his information that Kite Wood is a better horse on softish from. It sure as hell isn't the form book.

Im have gone in heavy enough on Changingofthegaurd myself, think he is the improving horse and his york run was outstanding.

Where's Crisford getting his information that Kite Wood is a better horse on softish from. It sure as hell isn't the form book.

This is a fair point David. Crisford maintains he is 10lbs better on soft (in which case he has no chance). However, I'm inclined to agree with you that this is surely an exaggeration.

He hung a bit the last day at Newbury and Godolphin were quick to point out then that he was feeling the ground. They can get away with it once but I would not like to see him on it again back to back.

This is a fair point David. Crisford maintains he is 10lbs better on soft (in which case he has no chance). However, I'm inclined to agree with you that this is surely an exaggeration.

Maybe his words were misinterpreted, the horse needs no quicker than good for sure.

Maybe his words were misinterpreted, the horse needs no quicker than good for sure.

Despite it being plainly obvious that his best run has come on good to firm? I'm delighted that so many people are taking what he's said at face value. We'll soon be getting 7/2 about a 2/1 chance.

Despite it being plainly obvious that his best run has come on good to firm? I'm delighted that so many people are taking what he's said at face value. We'll soon be getting 7/2 about a 2/1 chance.

Might have been his best performance to date but it was not because of the ground, more so the opposition. He did not look comfortable on it to me eye.

If you examined further you'd find the ground was on the good side, ive traded off my 5-1 few days ago so I am sitting pretty sweet with a few guys who've worked out the leger winner.

Might have been his best performance to date but it was not because of the ground, more so the opposition. He did not look comfortable on it to me eye.

I'm not saying it was BECAUSE of the ground. Away from extremes i.e. soft/heavy and firm I'm not so sure it's that much of a factor. The way I look at form, I'd interprete Kite Wood as being pretty versatile with regards ground, he's handled everything he's raced on to date. If he doesn't win on Saturday, I certainly won't be blaming the ground.

JLS or JPS? To be fair, if anyone can coax the hound to put his best foot forward, it is JLS. I just don;t think he'll stay even if he does run in a straight line without sticking his head up in the air.

Well i have to stay loyal to Monitor Closely I think the form of the Voltigeur is going to be underestimated and with the ground in his favour must stand a great chance. Totally unexposed over 1m 4 + as mad as it sounds as could have been running over the wrong trip all season. People using harbinger as a reason for why that form is no good need there heads reading as Harbingers form beforehand wasnt much cop bar beating COTG (running over an inadequate trip) in his maiden.

For me Beardo, too many ran far below their best at York, Father Time, Alwaary, Jukebox Jury & Harbinger were all miles off their best. He was left to beat very little and that is the main reason I couldn't touch it.

For me Beardo, too many ran far below their best at York, Father Time, Alwaary, Jukebox Jury & Harbinger were all miles off their best. He was left to beat very little and that is the main reason I couldn't touch it.

So in a field of 7, 65% of the horses underperformed? Unlikely i would say not to mention using Mastery running to form the horse is not far off Cavalrymans performace in the Grand Prix de Paris. I guess thats what this game is about though opinions.

Well Harbinger wasn't right when he got home. Johnston said the jockey said his ran flat, Alwaary ran desperate and has now been put away. Whilst Father Time lost a shoe and didn't eat up that night.

All solid reason's to expect they haven't run their best.

Not convinced by Mastery as a horse, his Ascot form is modest to say the least.

Well Harbinger wasn't right when he got home. Johnston said the jockey said his ran flat, Alwaary ran desperate and has now been put away. Whilst Father Time lost a shoe and didn't eat up that night.

All solid reason's to expect they haven't run their best.

Not convinced by Mastery as a horse, his Ascot form is modest to say the least.

Fair enough like i said guess this business is all about opinions, should be an interesting race. Whatever wins wont be given the credit it deserves i suspect.

Back